Massachusetts Department of Public Health
About the Organization:
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government, comprised of 16 agencies with over 20,000 employees statewide. EOHHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth - some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EOHHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
About the Role:
EOHHS is looking for an experienced IT Application Development and Support Analyst that will work as a liaison to hospital personnel and lead implementations, maintenance and on-going support of the clinical and administrative applications within the Bureau of Hospitals. Hospital locations that the IT Application Development and Support Analyst will be supporting are the following: Pappas Rehabilitation Hospital in Canton, Lemuel Shattuck Hospital in Jamaica Plain, Tewksbury Hospital in Tewksbury, and Western Massachusetts Hospital in Westfield. The IT Application Development and Support Analyst will respond to issues as part of an application specific help desk. The analyst will route calls appropriately as support from other parts of the IT team is needed.
The primary work location for this role will be at 365 East Street Tewksbury, MA 01876 or 3 Randolph Street #1 Canton, MA 02021. The work schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM. This role will be part of an on-call rotation that provides support to the hospital outside of normal office hours.
* Utilize technical subject matter expertise for all non-standard desktop, information and decision support systems, including the Health Information System (HIS) at the 4 hospitals on a day to day basis
* Assist with the enterprise-wide implementation of and provide maintenance and support for HIS modules and interfaces
* Maintain data dictionaries and develop customer-defined screens within the HIS
* Facilitate standardization of dictionaries and system setup across multiple facilities
* Provide on-call off hours support for hospital related application issues
* Perform testing, documentation and validation of future HIS versions and other related hospital systems
* Execute test plans; participate in the testing and integration of patches and scheduled releases of application software to determine stability and compliance with standards
* Use application tools to analyze causes of program failure and determine appropriate response(s) to make necessary changes
* Work directly with the Core Team Leaders at each facility to develop applications and implement fixes and future software enhancements
* Work directly with software vendors on identified issues, questions and concerns, and implement the appropriate changes in the system.
* Implement and support all transcription interfaces, and any future interfaces to the clinical modules purchases or developed
* Design and develop applications to accommodate user needs and modify existing applications or documentation for changes in user specifications, etc.
* Train other IT staff and end-users as appropriate; create training scripts as appropriate
* Maintain and document all issues in the state ticket tracking system
* Communicate fixes and updates to hospital staff
* Prepare flow charts, file layouts, input documents and program narratives for program or systems documentation
* Work with other application analysts on team projects
* Provide coverage for the Bureau's Help Desk staff during peak times and for Operations/ LAN/WAN/Desktop support staff when needed
* Ability to lift up to 35lbs & push 65Lbs
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Understanding of HCIS integration outside of particular specialization.
* 2 years of IT experience; providing customer support of a Health Information System (HIS)
* Knowledge of terminology, codes and standard abbreviations applicable to an HIS
* Knowledge of the types, concepts, techniques and applications regarding to healthcare or hospital work
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Ability to prepare and use flow charts and diagrams
* Ability to work independently make decisions and exercise sound judgement; as well as in a team setting
* Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in organizing work processes and functions to facilitate the use of computer methods
* Experience providing end-user customer support for Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) (including implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance)
* Ability to plan and conduct training
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Extensive experience with an HIS (MEDITECH, Epic, McKesson, etc.)
* Experience with and working knowledge of the MEDITECH client/server software application
* Experience with the MEDITECH implementation methodology in a multi-facility environment
* Experience setting up transcription interfaces and maintaining monitor interfaces
* Experience with hospital JCAHO surveys
* Knowledge of JCAHO and HIPAA regulatory requirements
* Knowledge of clinical hospital operations
* Experience in public or private acute/chronic level or long term care level of hospital care
1. This position may require travel to facilities in Canton, Jamaica Plain, Tewksbury and Westfield
2. A valid driver's license is required
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Massachusetts Department of Public Health promotes the health and well-being of residents by ensuring access to public health and healthcare service.