* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19007350
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Rates E-Trading technology team in North America is responsible for the platform that has enabled Citi's US Rates business to be the number one on the street.We are seeking developers to continue to build and enhance the platform that autonomously prices RFQs and trades with clients across external and internal venues, e.g. Bloomberg and Tradeweb.
A successful candidate will solve interesting technical challenges whilst developing solutions that have a measurable and visible revenue impact.This is a rewarding and exciting opportunity to work directly with one of the most forward thinking businesses and successful Rates E-Trading platforms.
* Design and develop high performance, low-latency trading applications that deliver to client expectations as well as improve stability and scalability of the trading platform.
* Partner with multiple technology, business/quant and external market teams to capture requirements and deliver timely solutions for new trading functionality and market upgrades.
* Coordinate testing of new functionality including business/quant signoff.
* Liaise with global support teams to manage application upgrades and provide third-line support for existing trading platform.
* Develop common, reusable components and services that execute against Citi's technical strategy and drive future improvements.
* Partner with business/quant teams to evolve architecture roadmap and drive future direction of the trading platform.
* Participate in agile/scrum development lifecycle and drive engineering excellence.
* Bachelor's degree with a relevant major (Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar)
* Experience in design and development of high performance, low-latency, multi-threaded applications.
* Extensive hands-on development experience in Java.
* Demonstrated ability to learn new business concepts and technologies.
* Solid understanding of software development fundamentals including data structures, design patterns and object-orientated programming.
* Proficiency in core Java (4+ years of experience) with demonstrable success in developing multi-threaded applications.
* Proven ability to develop clean, testable code.
* Understanding of relational database concepts and knowledge in SQL.
* Experience with Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Gradle and CI/CD tools, e.g. TeamCity and UrbanCode Deploy.
* Experience with Linux/Unix.
* Knowledge on cloud technologies desirable, e.g. Artifactory, Docker and OpenShift.
* Knowledge of fixed income products, customer and broker market platforms and trading protocols desirable.
* Excellent communication skills (there is a requirement to be business/quant facing).
* Strong passion for technology, especially Java, with a keen interest in driving adoption of new technologies and tools.
* Self-motivated individual and with ability to manage own workslate.
* Excellent collaborative skills; ability to work with others and contribute to global projects.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-pace environment; flexible and able to deliver results in the required timeframe
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.