* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Other Location: United States,Florida,Jacksonville
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 19034313
Citi's North America Digital Development team creates customer-facing solutions for one of the most impactful products in the world: personal finances. Our team is responsible for application development of all North America internet and mobile applications supporting Citi Cards, Citibank, and Citi Mortgage clients - including award-winning digital channels like Citi Mobile for iPhone, Citi Mobile for Android, and Citi Online.
Over the past few years, we have transformed our organization to fully embrace Agile development, build an engineering-led culture, and embark on newer technologies including Platform as a Service (PaaS), Microservices, and Web APIs.
We're a company with more than 200 years of history. We're proud of that, but we're equally excited about the changes we're making to transform our uses of technology and our relationship with our customers.
You'd be placed in an Agile development team, building software that shows up on the phones and computer screens of millions of customers every day. While technologies can vary slightly from team to team, our dev roles typically break down into four categories:
* Microservices: Java, Spring Framework, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
* iOS: Swift, Xcode
Most teams operate in four-week sprints, building software for a series of major and minor releases throughout the year.
To start, you'd likely be placed into one of the above four roles, based upon a mix of our needs and your skills and interests.
Most scrum teams have developers working in each of these areas. Unless you have a strong preference to specialize, over time we'll look to expose you to all four so you can develop into a full-stack engineer.
Soon after joining, you'll go through several weeks of training to better understand our applications, team structure and processes. You'll also have a chance to dive deeper into the technical aspects of your role so that you can hit the ground running. Our goal is to equip you with the tools you need to get off to a bright start at Citi.
But the learning can't stop there. As technology evolves, you must adapt. Through access to additional instructor-led trainings and free access to thousands of hours of content via Udemy, Pluralsight and other online platforms, you'll never stop growing your skillset. In addition to your manager and teammates, you'll also be paired with a member of our team who will conduct regular 1:1 meetings with you to ensure we're providing the right challenges, learning opportunities and career growth you're looking for.
While most of your time will be spent coding, this is a highly collaborative environment that will also make use of your communication and influencing skills. Whether you're working with a Technical Product Manager to size user stories, helping demo a product to a business partner, or working with internal stakeholders like Software Architecture or Security, we need engineers who can clearly communicate technical concepts, be great teammates, and influence without authority. You'll be entrusted with meaningful work that impacts our customers, and you'll be empowered to suggest new ideas.
* Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or equivalent Technical work experience.
* Hands-on experience developing software.
* Ability to pass technical interviews consisting of basic algorithmic programming exercises.
* Must be collaborative and adaptable, with good communication skills. Prior experience working on agile teams is desirable.
* (Preferred) Knowledge of/Experience with Java, iOS, Android or Web development.
* (Preferred) Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
* (Preferred) Experience with APIs, microservices, or RESTful services.
* (Preferred) Familiarity with the architecture of mobile applications developed for iOS and Android, as well as responsive design for Web.
* (Preferred) Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications.
* (Preferred) Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging tools like Pivotal Cloud Foundry in a PaaS environment.
* (Preferred) Knowledge of/Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, RTC, and/or Jira.
* Experience in the Financial industry is a plus.
* Note: These roles are primarily intended for recent college graduates. However, those with 1-3 years of industry experience may be considered.
The vast majority of roles are based in Dallas, Texas, our hub for Consumer Technology engineering teams. Additional opportunities are available in Jacksonville, Fla.
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.