D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Application Developer for their Corporate Information Technology Department. The right candidate will be responsible for creation of code related to object oriented development that uses one or more of the following tools: Microsoft .NET environments, some possible client servers based, C , Visual Basic
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* To develop applications that streamline internal business processes
* Work with existing legacy applications to convert (if necessary), extend and enhance functionality, as well as developing new applications
* Perform problem determination in correcting defects, which are found by the end users
* Complete estimates as to how much work is involved for all the project tasks, and performs analysis to determine how the solution can be achieved with the best design solution
* After completion of the development tasks, performs testing, then initiate end to end testing and validation with the end user, which is performed in a development environment
* Follow the pre-defined development standards for naming conventions, user interface, etc.
* Follow the correct process for getting a new project or problem correction promoted from the development environment to the production environment
* Transfer knowledge and the design documents to the Documentation/Training team, in order to get the user documentation properly updated and/or training preparations and materials completed
* May work with users to determine requirements and design for systems
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum two (2) years .Net development.
* Minimum (1) years T-SQL
* Minimum three (3) year RDBMS (Oracle 8i/9i, Microsoft SQL 2000 or IBM's DB2)
* Candidate must have extensive development skills in Microsoft .Net is critical
* Additional preferred skills are T-SQL, DHTML, Java Script, UML, OO methodologies and experience with load testing tools as well as setup and management of a full life-cycle development environment
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook and Instagram!
About D.R. Horton
D. R. Horton is a home construction company.