Argonne National Laboratory has an opportunity for an Application Developer within the Business and Information Services (BIS) team.
This role focuses on the core development and integrations to assist in achieving the long-term vision of the ServiceNow platform at Argonne. The developer provides design, development, and support of service-oriented processes and integrations under the direction of the Product Manager while aligning to Service Management best practices. You will also assist with researching, planning, designing, and implementing application solutions for conceptual design requirements. Additionally the responsibilities include development and day-to-day technical support.
* Create and configure application integrations, including building and implementing new web services and scripted processes, troubleshooting/support of existing processes.
* Create and support data sources, transform maps, and scheduled imports.
* Use scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality, create script to automate routine tasks.
* Assist with loading, manipulating and maintaining data between systems or related ETL.
* Develop and support Web APIs using REST or SOAP integrations.
* Application development and testing.
* Create and maintain system design and operations documentation.
* Perform day to day support and maintenance systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
* Hands-on experience with application development and customization of an enterprise service management system, with ServiceNow experience a plus, but not required. (5+ years hands-on experience)
* Experience integrating third-party software and APIs using web services such as REST or SOAP. (6-8 years' experience preferred.)
* Previous experience with relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
* Strong debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to take up challenges, adapt to the business needs, and stay focused on delivering results are essential to the success of this role.
* Ability to effectively absorb information from various sources, then analyze and examine data in detail, and draw appropriate conclusions.
* Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas and messages via speech or writing.
* Skill in translating needs of customers into systems design.
* Steward of Lab resources.
* Passion for the mission of the Lab.
* Ability to model Argonne's Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
* This requisite level of knowledge and skill is typically achieved through a Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 7-10 years in computing.
This role may be hired as a level 3 or 4. The level will be determined by the final candidate's level of education, experience, and skill.
* At a PT3 Level: Bachelor's and 4+ years or equivalent, some occupations may require graduate degree and 2+ years or equivalent.
* At a PT4 Level: Bachelor's and 6+ years or equivalent, some occupations may require graduate degree and 4+ years or equivalent.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.