As an Advisor at CVS Health, you will be leading and working on a team that develops applications for our Specialty line of business. More specifically, this role will be a vital contributor in designing and developing new in-house applications and enhancing existing applications. The role of the Advisor lead may involve taking ownership of complex and crucial projects and guide teams of employees and contractors towards successful implementation.
The primary responsibilities of Advisor lead will include: Engaging in development of solutions to multiple complex technical projects/initiatives. Designing and Solutioning of business needs. Leading, providing technical guidance and reviewing the coding work of various team members. Undertaking tasks such as Technical resource assignment or advisement with the Technical project owner, planning, designing and oversight of development efforts. Guiding requirements discussions with IT and business partners. Collaborating with Project Managers, Quality Assurance and other IT teams throughout the SDLC process. Gathering and reviewing requirements, development and testing documentation. Following up on progress to date and managing projects to completion. Updating leaders with progress or any potential roadblocks. Implementing steps to prevent or reduce defects during development and ensure timely delivery of high quality products. Establishing best coding principles and performing code reviews when necessary.
* Defining architectural solutions that will be used by technicians, pharmacists and staff to process prescriptions and related activities.
* Ensuring high performance
* Designing the architecture of software solutions using current state technologies.
* Act as a leading member of the project team from project inception to completion
* Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
* Defining features, phases, and solution requirements.
* Creating prototypes for development team members.
Providing specifications to drive how the solution is defined, managed, and delivered
* Delivering a complete application that will be used by technicians, pharmacists and staff to process prescriptions and related activities.
* Ensuring high performance on desktop applications
* Writing tested, idiomatic, and documented Oracle pl/sql and/or Oracle forms.
* 5-10 years of experience - Extensive experience with Oracle 11g or 12c pl/sql is critical
* 3-5 years of experience in Solution Engineering or Solution Architecture
3+ year experience in Technical leadership
* Experience working with JAVA and Angular JS is preferred
* Experience in full stack JAVA development is preferred
* Experience in health care or pharmacy related industries is preferred.
* Professional, precise communication skills
* Proficiency in creating functions, procedures and packages.
* Experience designing, troubleshooting, and tuning pl/sql and sql queries for performance
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent disciplines or equivalent experience
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.