We are looking for a Application Development Engineer to join our team. Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for Company's enterprise-wide Financial Planning & Analytics solutions.
Do you have solid data, system architecture, or software engineering background, but are eager for an opportunity to gain skills in other aspects of building & maintaining an enterprise-scale analytics system, such as exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS), data lake, data modeling, and master dimension management?
In addition to requiring a high level of technical expertise in big data technologies, you will work closely with peer financial and business teams to continuously optimize timelines, processes, and system automation. Ideal candidates will have expertise in all phases of the data life-cycle management process and successful experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
* Deliver reliable, scalable, and efficient Cognos TM1 solutions by managing all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), including requirements gathering, modeling & design, development, testing, deployment, integration, and documentation.
* Partner with peer Finance teams utilizing TM1 to ensure consistent design & integration.
* Work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure financial results are accurate.
* Identify process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
* Support dimension management, metadata design/maintenance, ETL development, and data validation processes.
* Rotational on-call availability for critical systems support
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.