JP Morgan Chase
Application Database Developer (P-SQL, T-SQL,)
Req #: 190036927
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.As an Application Developer for GWM - Discretionary Investments initiatives, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by contributing towards the below:
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
* Participate in technical design, provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow
* Participate in project/agile planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
* Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop and / or enhance software application modules.
* You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate corporate standards into application design specifications.
* Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
* Contribute in reverse engineering, optimizing and improving existing processes running on the database servers.
* Strengthen the software delivery process based on the Agile principles. This includes: Scrum, Business Driven Development (BDD), Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployment.
* Collaborate with other groups (Operate, Infrastructure, and Release Management) across regions (APAC, EMEA, USA) through demos and technical presentations.
* Promoting excelling user experience and system performance
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns; more than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity.
Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Proficiency in modern programming languages
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* University degree (B.S. Computer Science preferred).
* 5+ years experience with Database, ETL, and Business Intelligent development working on large and medium scale software projects.
* Experience in the Financial Services industry is added advantage.
* Database development in P-SQL and T-SQL:
* Hands-on in all aspects of database development
* Creating database objects - tables/views/functions/triggers
* Experience with both on-line and batch processing
* Debugging database functions
* Familiarity with psql and gpload command line utilities (desired, but not necessary)
* Pentaho experience:
* Create/debug objects
* Usage of Pentaho transformations
* Routers/filters/aggregators/expressions/stored procedures etc.
* UNIX / shell scripting:
* Hands-on in writing shell scripts
* Usage of basic UNIX commands
* Scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python/Jython, PowerShell, etc)
* Sed/grep/xargs/find/awk etc. and how to apply them to a specific use case
* Business Intelligence
* Experience with BI tools; Business Objects, QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau
* Experience with Autosys / Control-M scheduler
* Knowledge of version control software - preferably Git
* Able to work independently - from development through production deployment, and support
Additional Preferred Skills:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, & decision making skills
* Good interpersonal skills, having positive approach and team player
* Coordinate with global counterparts for development activities.
* Challenge and suggest requirements, enhancements
* Good prioritization and time management in a fast paced environment
* Proven application delivery track record
* Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline and customer focus mind-set
* Exposure to domain knowledge in equity, fixed income, mutual funds, general financial products, and trade life cycle would be an added advantage
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.