What you'll be doing...
You'll join our Information Technology team responsible to support production and non-production billing applications. You will work on developing/testing/deploy highly confidential billing systems using Oracle/AWS/PostgreSQL/Java/J2EE/UNIX/Linux and new technologies. You will be an integral member of a dynamic team continuously improving our Enterprise CI/CD platform, "automating all the things". You will be responsible for developing automated tools that provide self-service support, security testing/vulnerability management, metrics & reporting, administration, and enable DevOps automation of core tasks in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).You will also be responsible for the infrastructure configuration in cloud and on-premises setup. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult & infrequent. You will have potential for expanded job responsibilities and growth as we continue to modernize our existing legacy systems.
Application Support & Operations
The team that supports bill formatting application for Verizon's wireline and wireless footprint has the responsibility of monitoring and supporting the operations of billing applications. The application framework provides bill messaging and bundling details on invoices. It interfaces with various other internal applications running on various platforms. The responsibility of this role is not limited to support of managing/maintaining/performance tuning of the database - Oracle and/or PostgreSQL, but also support the planning and implementation of all the deployments for major and minor releases. The application run on on-premises servers and AWS cloud.
In order to meet the strategic needs of the business there are programs to consolidate and migrate applications from legacy to newer CI/CD platform technology solutions. The Operations team need to have critical analytical skills and great focus to ensure that the application maintains the data integrity and performs to scale in AWS and PostgreSQL. Timely recording of transactions and generating the billing on time is critical for better customer experience. The team is responsible for these flawless execution of the process.
In order to support these applications there is a need for candidates with following skill sets -
* Support AWS migration from legacy systems.
* Execute and automate the daily capture, monitoring and controlling of operational metrics.
* Develop and support UNIX and Linux automation scripts.
* Develop and Provide constant process improvements for CI/CD platform.
* Manage the platform upgrade and fix vulnerabilities of the application to comply with Verizon standard security policies.
* Application Database administrations includes build/manage/performance and health check frequently in Prod and non-production environments.
* Work with the team that support applications 24*7*365 - requires working on certain weekends and holidays.
* Driving adoption and defining best practices for DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory
* Work closely with various teams to drive efficiencies. Including deployments, issue tracking and debugging issues.
* Make continuous process improvements through performance enhancements, automation of repeated manual processes.
* Troubleshoot production issues and work closely with various teams to resolve the issues, ensuring stability and performance of the production environment.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Five or more years of experience working on Oracle and RAC databases with SQL & PL/SQL development.
* Five or more years of experience working on Unix/Linux Operating System with Shell scripting.
Even better if you have
* A degree.
* Experience in cloud technologies such as architecting, developing or maintaining cloud solutions in public or private cloud environments (AWS).
* Experience with CI/CD technologies like JIRA, Jenkins, Stash, Gitlab.
* Experience with Java J2EE technologies.
* Knowledge or working experience with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, Mongo etc.).
* Experience using configuration management tools to build automation (Ansible).
* Oracle to PostgreSQL migration working experience in AWS cloud.
* Working experience or knowledge of any Billing and Settlements applications/systems.
* Excellent communication skills, Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across cross-functional teams.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment supporting multiple products across the organization.
* Excellent analytical and Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Working in a production environment.
* Experience multitasking multiple high priority objectives.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.