The Application Architect will develop application architecture specifications, application partitioning, object and data modeling, database design, quality assurance, and post implementation support, by developing and serving as an evangelist for Application Development best practices. This role will be guided by CDW's Enterprise Architecture function and will continue to improve CDW overall application technology.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Lead complex Application Development Architecture and whiteboarding sessions * Develop CDW technical coding and documentation standards. * Manage technically complex projects efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications. * Employ object-oriented analysis and design techniques including use case analysis, object modeling, and database schema design to ensure business requirements and design goals are met. * Participate in application architecture planning (including system partitioning and framework design) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability. * Make technical decisions to meet the design goals laid out in product road map and by management. * Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs. * Development of the application architecture framework. This implies mastery of the entire architecture. * Assist the Product teams with High-level system narratives, storyboards, and user interface prototypes. * Detailed design specifications for hardware and software use by the technical team. * Define best practices for system test plans and ensure compliance to software quality Management (SQM) guidelines. * Detailed estimates for projects, including resource allocation, timelines, and budget. * Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management. * Develop new architectures for applications based on new or emerging technologies. * Monitor technical progress of project teams and provide mentoring where appropriate. * Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved. * Draw appropriate resources together to address technical issues. * Actively participate in the industry externally through internet research, white papers, or conferences.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
* 12 years in application development, or 10 years CDW Application Development experience.
* BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent IT knowledge/experience. * Eight or more years of experience, with extensive application development knowledge in the RESTful Web Services technologies
Other Required Qualifications
* Experience in leading software development teams and managing implementation projects that utilize client / server and browser/server technologies. * Demonstrate ability to work effectively with, and support the needs of, project team members and the customer support. * Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively with other IT teams as well as customers. Ability to effectively present information, interact with, and respond to questions from managers, employees, customers, and vendors * Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills. * Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring professionals. * Possess expert level knowledge of product lifecycle * Skilled in designing n-tier applications and, experience in UML notation or other standard frameworks. * Demonstrate mastery in leading software development projects and managing implementation projects that using industry best practices. * Possess expert level knowledge of object-oriented design, and programming techniques. * History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines. * Prior strong planning and organizational skills. * Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach other Application Development team members.
* MS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems * Experience in designing Application Security framework.
CDW is a company providing integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.