Supports information management needs of various client departments or workflows across the organization through project coordination, applications implementation, upgrades, and ongoing maintenance or enhancements. Manages small and medium sized projects as well as mentors less experience staff.
1. Provides application implementation support, technical guidance, and serves as primary resolution point for all issues regarding assigned applications.
2. Works with complex workflows or workgroups, demonstrating knowledge of integrated workflows and applications and problem analysis to provide system solutions for organizational needs.
3. Works collaboratively with end-users to understand workflows and develop system support, including analysis of business needs and user needs, translation into proper system requirement specifications and documentation of requirements.
4. Manages small to medium-sized assigned projects or particular phases of a larger projects, with minimal supervision. Develops and creates detailed work plans, timelines and other appropriate documentation, identifies appropriate resources needed and provides timely status reports.
5. Provides data transfer, access and manipulation of aggregate and comparative data.
6. Provides assistance with system selection, system maintenance/upgrade and implementation, including system definition, build, testing and conversion planning and interfaces.
7. Develops and monitors testing scenarios and methodologies to demonstrate system effectiveness. Prepares and maintains documentation on testing plans.
8. Participates in completion of user documentation and training procedures.
9. Evaluates system utilization and performance. Participates in system optimization.
10. Guides and advises less-experienced application analysts.
11. Adheres to HIPAA regulations for transactions, security and confidentiality.
12. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Health Care field with related training. A combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job.
2. Minimum four years of experience installing/supporting applications and systems analysis/design and integration/design. Experience in a healthcare related field preferred.
3. EpicCare Ambulatory Certification, or equivalent, for a minimum of two application areas, if applicable for assigned applications.
4. Experience in modality integration including DICOM, HL7 interfaces and workstation technical support is necessary for ancillary department assignment.
5. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Windows OS and applications.
6. Excellent facilitation and project management skills. Ability to manage assigned projects to specified budget and time line with minimal supervision. Must be able to prioritize, organize and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and cope in fast-paced environment.
7. Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and clearly articulate potential solutions.
8. Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of system analysis, while able to consider business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
9. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization.
10. Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to employee/patient and hospital.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.