The Client Services team combines home-grown and third-party tools to provide the District's students and staff a computing experience geared toward ease of use, simplicity, and automation. Client Services' solutions affect almost every part of the District and are constantly evolving to reflect the needs of our schools. The Apple Platform Lead will provide technical software advice for complex systems and make decisions on operating procedures and analytical approaches. He or she builds, maintains, and supports the tools that keep the District's fleet of Apple end-user technology running smoothly and integrated with the goals of the District. Working with the Mac Management Lead, this person will support teachers in an educational institution and implementing their devices into the classroom.
The Apple Platform Lead must have a strong background in Apple systems, iPad management, and Classroom management solutions. Integrating and supporting these functions will be the primary role of this position. This person will be a Level III resource in tiered service desk hierarchy, ultimately supporting teachers in educational institutions and implementing end user technology into the classroom, as well as supporting personnel across the enterprise to perform critical business functions.
* Supporting the service desk, Field Support Service vendors, and Technical Coordinators as they support the schools and students.
* Testing and deployment of new and updated software to client iPads and Macs
* Recognizing areas for improvement, and working to realize those improvements
* Implementing policy changes on the client iPads and Macs via the most appropriate methods
* Documenting the tools and systems you build or maintain
* Bachelor's of Science in Computer science or equivalent work related experience.
* Experience with Apple's VPP solution and device-based application deployments
* An enthusiasm for learning new skills
* Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated with an ability to successfully prioritize tasks
* Experience with JAMF's Casper Suite
* Familiarity with VMware's AirWatch
* Technical troubleshooting experience with iOS and OSX devices is required
* Understanding of OSX management via Jamf, VNC, and the command line.
* Configuration standardization and device deployment for iOS and OSX
* Wireless network (Wi-Fi) setup
* Outstanding customer service skills as well as strong verbal and written communication.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
* Experience with classroom management solutions.
* Knowledge of Chicago Public Schools.
* Experience with Apple devices in the Classroom.
* Demonstrated capability to abstract manual tasks into automated solutions.
* Scripting Macs with AppleScript and other UI automation solutions.
* Three years of OS X system administration experience
* Experience with macOS application packaging and macOS scripting.
* macOS: define the support model for Mac systems within the classroom and District.
* iOS: define deployment scenarios for iPads to ensure they behave as the district desires.
* Documentation: assemble technical architecture documentation and end-user training documentation
* Collaboration: work with Service Desk and support teams to ensure standards are maintained, problems are addressed, issues are understood and future states anticipated.
* Update all assigned tickets capturing troubleshooting activities, resolving escalations from the Service Desks
* Point person for discovery and ownership of Apple and related product issues
* Working with the technology curriculum and educational testing partners to ensure Apple devices are fully suitable to the District's goals
* Defining and managing the device support lifecycle for Apple systems within the classroom and across the institution
* Developing and deploying macOS images
* Maintenance of a Rapid Return to Service model for Apple hardware
* Application Packaging: knowledgeable in modifying source installation media to redeploy with customized configuration settings
* Classroom Management: familiarity with the use of applications for device lockdown to prevent student tampering; monitoring/tracking tools to ensure student time-on-task; and efficient educator workflows.
* Working with teachers on Google Apps for Education on Apple devices
* Working with the technology curriculum and educational testing partners to ensure Apple devices are fully suitable to classroom usage and student assessments.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Type of Experience and Number of Years:
Casper Support 3-5 years
iOS Support 2-3 year
* As a condition of employment with Chicago Public Schools (CPS), employees are required to live within the geographic boundaries of the City of Chicago within six months of his or her CPS hire date and maintain residency throughout their employment with the district.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.