API Software Engineer
Job Locations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 3 months ago(4/11/2019 4:42 PM)
Job ID 2019-2049 # of Openings 1 Category Technology
Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
The Software Engineer focused on Mulesoft and API layer has design, development, and maintenance responsibility for the firms API layer. The position provides exposure to many business units in a dynamic financial services firm. This role requires direct interaction with end users and excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Partner with Architecture to define and design an API layer for the firm to support data access and integration needs of our systems and business units that are scalable and built to industry best practices.
* Design, build, unit test, and maintain services within the API layer.
* Contribute to the definition and development of standards for API layer design, development, unit testing, and deployment.
* Align all architecture and design decisions with Boston Private's Architecture guidelines and standards.
* Drives process improvement changes to ensure high productivity and quality of services provided.
* Maintain high-level familiarity with other IT system/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality.
* 5+ years of experience with implementing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI) using technologies like MuleSoft, Dell Boomi, webMethods, or TIBCO etc.
* S in Computer Science or equivalent.
* 3+ years of experience in building API and service layers.
* Designs and develops ESB/SOA/BPM middleware layers using tools like Mulesoft, ServiceMix, webMethods, TIBCO and J2EE concepts.
* Documents design specifications, troubleshoots and testing.
* Actively involved with requirement definition and analysis.
* Work closely with functional leads, product managers, and business analysts to understand integration requirements.
* Strong experience in XML, XSD, XSLT, SOAP/REST and web services.
* Solid understanding of the design patterns.
* Strong communication, collaboration, and problem solving capabilities.
* Self-motivated with exceptional follow-through
* Ability to independently prioritize and complete tasks in a structured manner
* Strong problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines
* Experience with DevOps and CI/CD.
* Working knowledge of the Microsoft Development stack (ASP.NET Core, C#) preferred.
* Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) preferred.
* Experience in financial services is highly desired.
* Experience with modern software frameworks and repositories such as TFS, SVN and GitHub is preferred.
Boston Private is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Boston Private Financial Holdings is a wealth management and private banking organization.