What you'll be doing...
Verizon is looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to help us build and operate the Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP). People who are hard-working, and really want to help transform the way we do operations. What we do really matters to the business. This is a great opportunity for you to bring your technical leadership, skills and experience to life as part of a small team within a large organization. We operate with a lean startup mentality with the support of a large directional division. You will have the experience and expertise of the best network team in the world behind you as you help the team transform infrastructure, workload, and product through content delivery, mobility, and Verizon's enabling of the Internet of Things.
* Design, build, test, deploy and operate application services and APIs.
* Execute continuous integration / continuous deployment (CICD), and DevOps best practices.
* Envision, architect, develop, document, and support APIs and use of APIs.
* Provide service integration techniques.
* Software decomposition and conversion to micro services where appropriate.
* Troubleshoot and triage problem reports, resolve, and escalate as required.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree or experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related field.
* Six or more years of computer systems experience.
* Strong software development experience.
* Experience developing and working in a virtualized environment (particularly OpenStack).
* Experienceusing container based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
* Relational database design and optimization with MySQL, PostgreSQL.
* Understanding of microservices architecture design and implementation.
* Experience with RESTful services and APIs.
* Experience with CI/CD e.g. Screwdriver, CircleCI, Jenkins.
* Agile/scrum development experience.
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible / Chef / Puppet.
* Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, work independently, and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
* Strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.