The API Product Coordinator is responsible for coordinating facets of the Innovative API program including cross-functional ownership, market facing and coordination with Product Owners within the product management organization. Incumbent responsibilities include owning the market facing API support infrastructure, providing GTM & technical support to 3rd parties and collaboration with members of the product management and engineering organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides direct and indirect support to vendors and customers throughout the implementation process.
* Tracks and coordinates vendor implementation from initial contact through completion of the API setup - ensuring schedules, timelines, quality of releases are in alignment with business initiatives
* Collaborates with Product Owners on JIRA story development and Confluence artifacts with members of the Development Team (Developers, QA, Documentation, etc.)
* Provides key input into the team backlog as the voice of technical partners accessing API framework.
* Leads requirements gathering and analysis for cross-portfolio API framework.
* Contributes to product roadmaps.
* Identifies design problems; develops and presents solutions to resolve these problems via collaboration with Product Owners.
* Provides domain expertise and product knowledge to the team.
* Supports internal and external documentation for API implementation and support.
* Researches topics as needed for new development.
* Attends Support Department expert meetings as needed.
* Triage and analyze JIRA Problem Report and Bug tasks as needed.
* Test software changes.
* Assist with the creation of configuration and installation procedures as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Licenses, and Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree, or combination of some college and experience.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Library Operations
o Software Design
o Software Specification Writing
o Software Integration
o Software Quality Assurance
o Software Application Support
o Software Engineering
o Systems Analysis
* Experience with Agile methodologies.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Good research skills.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* MLIS or BS Computer Science.
* Familiarity with library practices and procedures.
* Experience with Library Automation Software.
* Experience with UNIX, RDBMS, Windows O/S.
* Experienced user of iOS and/or Android mobile applications with a specific passion for usability.
* Programming experience.
* Scripting Language Experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR INFORMATION
* Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours work may be required to meet customer and/or business needs.
* Position may be required to travel occasionally to attend conferences and training, and conduct customer visits.
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Innovative Interfaces is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected status and takes affirmative action to recruit, employ, train, and promote qualified minorities, women, covered veterans, and individuals with disabilities.