API Gateway Lead - Design and Development
Req #: 190032230
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As an Application Development Lead for the Chase Digital API Gateway Team, you will work closely with the business and applications development teams to design and build technology solutions. In this role, you will create logical designs, describe the deployment of the designs on a physical platform, translate logical designs into systems artifacts, recognize alternatives and propose choices throughout the creation of the logical and physical design including methodologies. You will be required to create new proof of concepts and mentor the development teams on new architectures and technologies
As a design authority for the Digital API Gateway development team, the candidate will be responsible for:
* API design in conjunction with the API development teams.
* Enforcing API specification standards.
* Mentoring the API developers
* Responsible for design of API Gateway configuration
* Review of detailed designs, to ensure appropriate security, scalability, reliability, end user experience, and business reports and analytics
* Developing proof of concepts, as needed
* Code Reviews of the APIs.
* Enhancing and managing the API test tools
* Ensuring that the solution conforms to strategic architecture.
* Working with infrastructure teams to ensure correct setup of servers, load balancers, firewalls, and monitoring across the board.
* Assisting the project team with any tech issues related to API design, performance and API Gateway
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field or the foreign equivalent.
* 14+ years of software development, with at least 3 in Internet facing applications
* At least 3 years of lead experience, leading teams of 5 - 10 developers
* At least 3 years of hands-on API proxy development, API management, and developer portal using Apigee
* Hands-on experience with OAuth, JWT/JWS/JWE/JWKS, RSA, SSL, and various security tools & technologies
* Strong knowledge of node.js, JSON and REST services
* Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone
* Experienced in delivering applications through the entire SDLC process
* Experienced in QA testing and Performance testing techniques
* Experienced in working with infrastructure teams to set up servers, load balancers, firewalls etc.
* Experienced in various monitoring tools
* Experienced in production support
* Capable of picking up new technologies and developing new solutions
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.