Caci International Inc
AONS - FTBLVR - Task 9 - Cloud SME
Req #: 214012
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
* Job Description
CACI International Inc. has an immediate opening for a Cloud SME located in Ft. Belvoir, VA.
What You'll Get to Do:
Join CACI in supporting the U.S. Army Chief Information Office (CIO)/G-6 to lead the Army's network modernization to deliver timely, trusted, and shared information for the Army and its mission partners.
More About the Role:
As a team member supporting AONS CIO/G-6, you will provide technical services to include planning, program, budget, and analytical services to aid in resourcing critical Army command, control, communications, computers (C4) and IT needs. You will also provide recommendations for how the CIO/G-6 can synchronize technology and business management to enable better execution, risk control, and efficiencies for the Army.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
As the Cloud SME, you'll be responsible for defining the overall structure of a program or system. You'll act as project manager, overseeing IT assignments that are aimed at improving the business, and ensuring all parts of the project run smoothly.
Because you'll be working from start to finish on each project, it's essential to understand all aspects of each system, from both a business and technical point of view. This means having a full working knowledge of technologies such as UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages.
You can work in many different industries as a technical architect, from planning the structure of a large scale patient records database for the NHS, to the redesigning of a shop's e-commerce facility, to name a few.
Some of the main tasks you can expect to be involved in include:
* Identifying the organization's needs
* Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks
* Working out which IT products to use based on cost benefit analysis and research
* Agreeing plans with the client
* Explaining to designers and developers what's required and overseeing the progress
* Producing documents that monitor progress and ensure the quality of the project
* Advise the client on managing future IT needs
Because the role of a technical architect is so varied, employers will be looking for a wide range of skills, including:
* Perform research and analysis of commercial Cloud usage with the intent of providing a path for Cloud adoption.
* Maintain communications with mission partners including Program Executive Offices (PEO), Unites States Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition Logistics and Technology (ASA(ALT)), Network Enterprise Technology Command, DISA and United States Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) to incorporate their requirements in the Cloud artifacts.
* Provide management and technical expertise to continue efforts to integrate Cloud Computing approaches, practices, and technologies into the Army Enterprise architecture and provide guidance to assist the Army's transition to the Cloud and synchronization of Army cloud computing efforts to align with DoD and JIE Implementation. Specific products and services include:
* Provide support in architecture development, project management, strategic communications, resourcing and technical services and products to support the Army's Cloud Computing Strategy.
* Participate in pilots, standards identification / development, and/or governance process refinement to Cloud- related efforts to include Computing Environment-based application development and deployment.
* Ensure all Data sources transitioning to the Cloud are registered and approved as Authoritative Data Source (ADS)s in the DSE.
* Coordinate within CIO/G-6 that all IT capabilities and content hosted in the cloud must adhere to standards registered in DoD IT Standards Registry (DISR).
* Provide analytic and financial support by providing input to POM for creation of "secure sharing" of data, assess resource impacts, and understand the leveraging of approved IdAM and metadata tagging practices, as well as what is registered in DSE.
* Provide support in the development of tools and templates for use during data center, application, and system optimization and rationalization development process monitoring, control, and closeout to include updates to the Cloud Computing Strategic Architecture format for the upcoming year.
* Provide critical review/analysis of BCAs, engineering estimates, and other Cloud computer related staff documents submissions (policy, guidance, regulations) in terms of impact, completeness, format compliance, and compliance with the requested scope of work to be executed as it relates to optimization, rationalization, and migration of Army application and systems.
* Provide strategic planning support through NetOps architecture expertise and integration of cloud computing environments within and between institutional and operational environments and to inform the CIO/G-6 Leadership of status and challenges.
* Support IT Portfolio Management (PfM) implementation and Army Enterprise Network (AEN) capability alignment to the EIEMA strategy.
* Assist in the development of draft policy, oversight, and guidance of initiatives such as services, infrastructure and networking, Thin / Zero Client Computing, Unified Capabilities, Data Center Consolidation, Cloud Computing, and Army Enterprise Architecture.
* Provide planning, policy, technical, operational, and analytical services in support of the on-going Capacity Domain Management activities.
* Support efforts with respect to effects on Data Center Migration and Application migration for DoD and Army Data Policy construct. This includes Information Technology (IT) Services and data identified for transition to the Cloud compliance with DoDI 8320.02 "Sharing Data, Information, and IT Services in the DoD," Aug 5, 2013 before transition is completed.
Education and Years of Experience:
* BS/BA + minimum 10 years of related work experience or equivalent
Labor Category Verification Requirements:
* Minimum active Secret clearance
* Enterprise architecture planning, development, oversight and implementation
* • Information Support Plan (ISP) architecture
* • Expertise in NetOps, network security, identity and access management, unified capabilities, big data, cloud, end-user devices, cybersecurity, and enterprise service management architectures
* • Expertise in generating various DoDAF
* Viewpoints with MagicDraw
* • Excellent technical writing skills and ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing.
* • Demonstrated ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements.
* • Ability to work under tight timeframes.
* • Good organizational skills.
* • Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Army Headquarters or CIO/G-6 experience
* Understanding how the Army operates
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Fort Belvoir-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About Caci International Inc
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.
Caci International Inc