The Security Engineer - Antimalware will be a member of the Global Cybersecurity Technology team. This team is responsible for identifying, developing and deploying global cybersecurity controls across the estate leveraging the firm's assets, network and data to identify threats. This role will partner heavily with IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) and support the end-to-end secure deployment of security technologies across the firm as well as leading and attracting talent to build a world class team.
The role, focusing on the security of data networks, will be accountable for the following:
* Review, analyze and document the current baseline and develop the target technology posture.
* Perform gap analysis of the current baseline against the target architecture.
* Evaluate, develop and apply appropriate tools to capture, analyze and model various viewpoints of the domain architecture.
* Define metrics and methodologies to measure domain performance of applying new technologies.
* Review, design and re-engineer domain processes with new technologies to improve domain performance.
* Defining Cyber Sec control requirements for the Network technologies
* Providing centralized IT Sec. services to the organization and reduce associated costs
* Operating a first line of defense to ensure compliance with IT requirements
* Providing consultation and subject matter expertise to the organization on Cybersecurity issues
* Implementing and maintaining an effective engagement model across all regions, global businesses, and global functions.
* Researching, engaging, and managing third party vendors where relevant to support functional objectives.
* Working with security start-ups, as well as more established companies, to support design partnerships and shape product/service offerings to meet the requirements of the bank.
* Provide thought leadership to the function and broader Cybersecurity organization, driving transformational change and capability uplift across the bank.
* Collaborate with various layers of management across Cybersecurity and other IT teams to develop solutions that protect the organization.
* Design and drive the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts, and process improvements to protect the bank for a continuously changing threat landscape.
Impact on the Business
* Business aligned - Ensuring any decisions, services and technology is delivered and runs in a compliant, effective manner and delivers appropriate benefit to the business.
* Business Enablement - Provide technologies that better help the business grow and develop. Ensure that the business requirements are fully understood whilst ensuring the HSBC Security vision is delivered in live with business expectations.
* Business Support - Provide advice, guidance and support to the business
* Risk Reduction - Work with IT and Business stakeholders to proactively deploy and build out technology solutions to help reduce risk while acting with the overall business risk appetite.
Customers / Stakeholders
* Customer focus - Support a customer-centered culture, championing activities encouraging outstanding customer advocacy. Proactively seek opportunities to maximize IT security to improve business operations.
* Stakeholder Relationships - Support key relationships in global cyber security and local IT. Cultivate strong relationships with organisationally important global and local stakeholders with a tailored approach
* Understanding markets and customers.- Understand the financial services industry security and threat landscape
Leadership & Teamwork
* Promote collaboration with relevant functions (IT, Risk, etc…). Grow local staff in the global IT Security function.
* Create a collaborative environment within the team, and externally with other teams (such as IT, ISR, Audit, etc).
* Work with Integrity and always with the business in mind
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Lead the continuing development, implementation and improvement of the processes, structures, capabilities, capacity and infrastructure needed to deliver agreed plans and targets. Collaborate with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
* Manage impacts of risk and control frameworks. Track and remediate any issue, finding or recommendation. Contribute when required to global and regional audits.
Management of Risk
* The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment (service excellence) of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the Cybersecurity and operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
* This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with entity management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
* Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
* The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by driving the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators, and internally identified IT security risks.
* Adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources
* 5 years of experience focused on endpoint security and anti-malware controls
* Detailed understanding of security fundamentals for common desktop and server operating systems
* Detailed knowledge of security best practices and common controls/security products for the above platforms
* Knowledge of networking, operating system, and application development fundamentals, particularly with regard to security of and threats to associated technologies, solutions, and products
* Experience with securing endpoints, supporting, and integrating security products in large networks/environments desirable
* Experience in evaluating and selecting security products given business/technology needs and goals, including requirements gathering, testing, and working with multiple vendors
* Formal education in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science or similar and/or commensurate demonstrated work experience in the same
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience in interacting with technical leaders and various layers of management
* Scripting ability in python, perl, or alternative language is desirable
* Ability to build connections and work collaboratively within and across teams and boundaries
* Willingness to continuously learn and share knowledge with others