We are looking for strong angular/Front end architect a technical SME to provide and support MoneyGram Web applications that meet business needs and the technical vision. The architect (Software engineer V) is expected to possess strong technical expertise as well as strong leadership and mentoring skills. The incumbent typically works on complex computer programs and defined segments of highly complex programs. The architect is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures; and performs most complex applications development related tasks without guidance. The incumbent is a key contact for Project Managers, advising on project sizing and estimation. The incumbent will also direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations. He is expected to act as Subject Matter Expert in relation to the web applications and the technology roadmap.
* Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
* Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
* Develops elegant and simple solutions by act involved in Proof of Concept of new features, detailed design with developers.
* Creates quality architecture and design documents to illustrate how the system works.
* Writes clear and detailed technical specifications for development of the application.
* Adheres to big picture view of how various connected system designs should be consolidated or affected.
* Produces products on schedule and elegant and efficient designs, high performance, and scalable code that will allow for easy extension to future needs.
* Effectively performs code walk-throughs.
* In conjunction with Quality Services. Proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
* Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
* Leads the design, development and implementation of the front-end application.
* Provides accurate and timely input to Project Manager regarding status of technical tasks for self and team.
* Effectively and actively plays the role of technical advisor for projects, providing advice on tools, process and design to others.
* Shows initiative to initiate and actively facilitate meetings and issue resolution, involving the right individuals.
* Ensures project goals make sense and overall development objectives are being met.
* Serves as a contact person in support of more serious production problems/issues.
* Designs and develops high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
* Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
* 10 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms, preferred.
* 10 years' experience in the development environment commensurate with the assigned area of responsibility, preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, design and develop systems.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead requirements gathering, design and development of complex systems.
* Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
* Effective team leader on diverse and different teams.
* Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
* Knowledge of proper architectural disciplines.
* Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems.
* Strong project management skills.
* Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
* Ability to adapt to change.
* Strong negotiation and/or influential skills.
* Deep knowledge of Angular practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
* Strong understanding in web security (OAuth), session controlling, storage.
* Understand XML and JSONtechnologies such as JSON Schemas, XSD (XML Schema), XPath, XQuery, XSLT.
* Familiar with SDLC methodologies with AGILE and Continuous Integration.
* Ability to create build / package scripts for deploying applications using GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Ansible.
* Demonstrated experience writing secure, efficient, reusable and testable code.
* Ability to provide SEO solutions for single page apps
* Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
* Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
* Architecting and automating the build process for production with large traffic volume
* Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments