Our vision is to build an experience to allow users to complete the entire travel lifecycle in one app. Since November 2016, Airbnb has launched multiple businesses to augment our accommodations business (e.g. Experiences, Restaurants, Airbnb Plus, Luxury) and expects to continue scaling up the number of verticals to address gaps in our travel ecosystem.
The Trip Platform team delivers and maintains a cohesive experience through which guests on Airbnb explore our offerings across verticals, plan the details of their trip collaboratively and look for assistance while on trip. Additionally, the team provides generic solutions enabling integration that supports our existing and future businesses; making it easier to launch new offerings and cheaper to maintain existing ones.
The Trip Platform team provides efficient integration solutions that support our existing and future businesses; making it easier for Airbnb to launch new products and lower maintenance costs. The team delivers and maintains a cohesive in-app experience for guests as they explore our offerings. Among other impactful projects, we create tools for our users to collaborate, plan their trip details, and seek assistance while on their trip.
Android engineers play an essential role in providing our guests with a world-class experience. Work closely with product managers, designers, and data scientists to build the user-interface for an end-to-end trip experience. Build out platforms and tooling to enable our businesses to easily have a consistent user-experience, and heavily focus on a highly performant Android application leveraging the latest technologies.
Android engineers on Trip Platform have recently shipped:
* A flexible component library within our search product to allow our backend to optimize the search experience without frontend changes.
* Redesigning the front screen of Airbnb app to provide guests a guided experience into our product.
* A cohesive performance strategy that includes Instant Apps, app startup time, render time, as well as animation and scrolling performance.
* A new surface to enable rich trip planning with an emphasis on group trips. Focused on a heavily optimized, offline-enabled, highly accessible, and performant planning surface.
* A server-driven UI framework that powers the reservation detail screens for all businesses.
* A Guidebook platform to provide guests with hosts recommendations and a user interface to explore points of interests.
* Integrating Apollo/GraphQL.
* Strong knowledge of Java and Android platform.
* Experience building Android applications. Understanding best practice in Android including performance optimization, application life cycle, UI layouts and styles, and software architecture pattern (e.g. mvvm).
* Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming. Ability to write testable and legible code.
* Nice to have: experience with Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, Espresso, and JUnit.
* Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
* Competitive salaries
* Quarterly employee travel coupon
* Paid time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Fitness discounts
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Apple equipment
* Commuter subsidies
* Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
* Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
* Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
* Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
Airbnb is a company that provides an online marketplace and hospitality services.