At Synchronoss We Transform & Digitize Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) Companies.
We know the TMT space. Our platforms, products, people, and partners help Telecommunications, Media, and Technology companies shift their digital business into high gear. We are helping companies create digital customer journeys that reduce cost, improve consumer satisfaction, and create new revenue.
We're Looking for a strong Android Software Engineer with a solid background in software engineering, Android Java / Kotlin background who has taken these skills into the mobile applications sphere.
* Android Software Engineers have full understanding of software engineering discipline and engineers in this role are expected to bring best industry practices plus creativity to effectively design, implement and support software solutions on Android platform. Along with bug fixes they work on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity and cover a wide range of issues.
* Android Software Engineers discover and evaluate the most relevant factors to be considered in the creation, design, implementation or modification of solution and are expected to exercise independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver software and services.
* They good working knowledge on Java/Kotlin languages and various other Android development tools. They are capable of working in teams with other IT professionals, or alone. They are expected to work with Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and other project stakeholders to implement application software based on varying levels of written requirements and verbal input. Implementation includes design, coding, unit testing, delivery, and source code management.
* Android Software Engineers are expected to demonstrate their value to the organization by coordinating technical dependencies with other teams.
How you will help:
* Involved with all phases of mobile application development from initial concepts, through design, development, testing and deployment
* Coordinates implementation dependencies across organizational boundaries as needed
* Responsible for development and support of native Android applications
* Develop and architect Android applications across multiple releases (Java, Kotlin).
* Drives development within SCRUM agile process with other stakeholders (Product Owners, XD design, Quality Engineers) as well as across organization to balance creative objectives with business needs and technical requirements
* Lead best practices by producing high quality, documented and testable code
Who we have in mind:
* BS in Computer Science or related field and 6-8 years of experience or Master's Degree equivalent.
* 4+ years of successful experience as a developer for native Android application(s)
* Full understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
* Experience in utilizing multi-threading technologies to create highly responsive data intensive applications
* Good knowledge of Android frameworks, especially for handling Contacts, Messaging, Telephony and Media
* Good knowledge with web service architecture, protocols, security and data formats (Ex. REST, OAuth, JSON, etc.) and implementation patterns on Android platform including both Google and 3rd party tools/frameworks
* Deep understanding of memory management practices
* Build and dependency management systems - Maven, Gradle
* Strong understanding of OS UI guidelines.
* Strong handle of Android profiling tools
* Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
* Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
It would be great if you had:
* Extensive experience with Git, GitFlow branching model
* Continuous Integration tools - Bamboo, Jenkins
* Experience working with SCRUM and/or Agile development environments
* Experience working in cross-functional teams
* Interop with native C/C++ libraries
What we offer:
* Competitive Salary + Bonus
* Flex Time PTO
About Synchronoss Technologies
Synchronoss provides personal cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices across the globe.