Staff Software Engineer - Android
Location: Chicago, IL (West Loop)
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
What does our platform do?
At the core, we deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. Over 75% of Fortune 500 Companies are using the NOW platform. ServiceNow cloud services automate, predict, digitize and optimize business processes and tasks, from IT to Customer Service to Security Operations and to Human Resources, creating a better experience for your employees, users and customers while transforming your enterprise.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud platform developers on the planet. We have offices in San Diego, Kirkland, San Francisco, Santa Clara and a new office in Chicago! We call the West Loop home and opened March 2018. Together we work as a distributed team. We were #1 on Forbes Most Innovative Companies for 2018 which gives you a glimpse into our culture and the type of talent we look for.
Join the Platform UX team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. Be responsible for the platform innovation, architecture and features, and that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
We're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for design and coding of various components for the Android client.
Our staff engineers are characterized by a deep technical understanding of the domain along with outstanding coding skills to produce high qualitysoftware. As a staff Android developer, you will work alongside other Android developers to build our next generation ServiceNow mobile client.
* Design and coding of components for the Android client.
* Follow an agile scrum process to iteratively design and build high qualitysoftware.
* Full lifecycle responsibility for software development from requirements and design to coding and ensuring a high degree of quality through testing and automation.
* Work with different ServiceNow teams for incorporating various platform capabilities into the mobile architecture such as Security and Authentication, Session management, Persistence, integrating with third party systems, etc.
* 6-8 years of Android development, with high proficiency in Java on the Android platform and libraries
* Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and familiarity with continuous integration
* Working knowledge of Kotlin is a plus
* Strong analytical and design skills
* Prolific coding skills with high quality results
* BS/MS in Computer Science
* Working on enterprise scale client development is a plus
* Previous experience working in a multinational team environment is a plus
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.