We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded Android engineers to join our team and help build an application that millions of people use every single day to discover and listen to music. You will play a leading role in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
* Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of engineers, designers, and product managers to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
* Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
* Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
* Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Spotify
* Work from our awesome office in New York City - we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in The Big Apple
Who you are
* You have a deep understanding of modern Android development
* You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java
* You are experienced with Android development tools
* You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
* You have 4+ years of experience
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Psst! If this job is your perfect match and you want some inside tips before you apply, read this blog post.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.