You are a passionate Android engineer with experience tackling a variety of unique challenges. You enjoy harnessing new features while also being comfortable diving in to a legacy codebase. You can implement advanced design specifications and complex behavioral interactions. You inform and collaborate with the UX/UI team to produce best-of-platform, accessible user experiences. Whether time is on your side or the deadline is tight, you bring an insightful mind and keen eye to your daily activities - making the smart, innovative engineering decisions for which Deloitte Digital is known.
Work you'll do:
* Responsible for production and integration of Java/Kotlin for projects ranging from simple prototypes to complex applications
* Contribute to a large variety of different types of projects, team sizes and client scales
* Clearly communicate risk and implementation details to clients and project stakeholders
* Give and receive engineering mentorship
* Continuously improve our engineering process and capabilities
Our Digital Customer team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the "creative digital consultancy" real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
* Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
* Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
* Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
* Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
* DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
* 2+ years of native mobile engineering experience working with Android and/or related native mobile frameworks
* A consistent passion for learning and honing your craft
* A well-rounded understanding of a variety of Android frameworks
* Ability to work as a group contributor or independently if needed
* A working knowledge of common build tools
* An understanding of Android performance optimization best practices
* An understanding of hardware compatibility and versioning strategy
* A keen eye for aesthetics and desire to make things "pixel-perfect"
* Ability to receive feedback and use it to improve your work
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Eagerness to learn from and work with others
* Willingness to apply your skillset broadly and expand it to meet client needs
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Bonus points for:
* Experience working in a consulting environment
* Experience working with globally distributed teams
* Participation in the open source community
* Machine learning, AR/VR, wearable and/or conversational UI experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20SEACSSTGZ007-CM