Android Engineer - Explore Client (NYC or Remote)
New York, NY
Who We Are
The Explore client team owns how all of our customers locate new content and see the heartbeat of Twitter in real-time. We are part of the larger Explore team which helps combine flexible product infrastructure, performance, and machine learning to connect the people using Twitter to something new every single time they open their apps.
We collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and designers to build tools that users can rely on to find out what's happening in the world, in real time. As an Android engineer you will work with a bevy of backend engineering teams to build components that allow for experimentation to deliver the best experience possible to all of our users. Through the decisions you make, and the code you craft, all Twitter users will be more conscious about their thoughts and feelings, as well as the world around them.
Why We're Different
* We believe in being data driven to build the best products for millions of humans around the world through experimentation.
* We work on a weekly cadence to quickly iterate on changes to measure and learn what impact we're having on our users.
* Our code runs on millions of devices; we know the values of stable, performant code.
* Tons of learning opportunities provided by Twitter University ranging from interview training to introduction to machine learning.
* We seriously value people's personal time, respect working hours across time zones, and understand that you have a life outside of Twitter.
What You'll Do
* Propose, build, and launch features that affect everyone that uses Twitter.
* Become a leader in defining standard methodologies for the Twitter Explore codebase that allow others to learn by example.
* Actively participate in the processes surrounding our team, and the product decisions therein. Helping decide what to build using data and platform experience will be just as important as writing code.
Who You Are
* You are the advocate for the customer and understand the balance required when shipping software at scale.
* You are collaborative. We work across time-zones and continents to ensure we have all of the information to make the best choices for our customers.
* You want to impact millions of people a day using your detailed Android knowledge.
* You love working in a smaller group, and thrive at pushing things forward.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Twitter is a social networking platform.