It's an exciting time to be building an app for discovering and attending live events. We think going to live events is a source of real human happiness and we want to bring those experiences to more people. Our platform powers incredible features like discovering events using a machine learning recommendation engine and seeing the view from your seats before making a purchase. We're building the most user-friendly live event experience and our Android app could not be more central to reaching that goal.
Over the few years since we launched our Android app in 2014, we've worked to bring many seamless experiences to our users. Here are a few examples:
* Discovery - our completely redesigned Browse screen that is powered by our Netflix-style personalized list generation service
* Mapbox event maps - we rewrote our venue mapping experience from scratch using the popular open source mapping engine Mapbox, we're confident that we have the best venue maps in the industry
* My Tickets - our in-app event ticket delivery experience, featuring seamless, material screen transitions, easy transfers to friends, and offline access (for those areas with poor coverage)
The Android engineering team at SeatGeek features several active members of the New York and global Android communities and engineers that have spoken at several meetups and conferences. We're committed to strong engineering practices and adopting the best tools for the job at hand. We've also been at the forefront of using some awesome new technologies like Dagger 2, RxJava, Kotlin and Epoxy to make our development experience more enjoyable.
Our Android app has over a million downloads and hundreds of thousands of monthly users. We're building something that's purposefully, willfully for Android, through and through. We are defining live events on Android, and we're hoping you can help.
What You'll Be Doing
* Working on major components and new features of the SeatGeek Android app
* Collaborating with the SeatGeek design & product teams to build an experience that stands out among the best Android interfaces
* Building with useful tools such as Dagger 2, RxJava, and Epoxy
* Writing the vast majority of your code in Kotlin
* Constructing key architectural pieces to make development more efficient, fun, and pragmatic
* Helping us modularize our application, making different aspects of it isolated, tested, and reusable
What We're Looking For
* Someone who cares about building experiences that are used and loved by millions
* Someone with a passion for trying new tools and building innovative features
* Someone with prior Android experience (2+ years) and app(s) in the Google Play Store
* Someone who has some (or masterful) experience with RxJava & Kotlin on Android
* A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
* A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
* $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
* A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
* A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
* Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they're doing and builds cool stuff in small groups
* The opportunity to write code that is used outside of SeatGeek - we've open-sourced numerous projects and made them available on GitHub
Come Join Us!
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.