MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses. It also includes our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* We are actively seeking a motivated Android Engineer with proven industry experience.
* The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done. Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role.
* We are looking for an expert Android developer to work on a greenfield enterprise-grade project delivered on Android platforms. Our goal in engineering is to facilitate the creative, iterative, and data driven creation of our all digital retail bank.
* As a Mobile Developer you will be working closely with UX and product designers to build mobile user experiences which will be A/B tested for effectiveness and impact to our clients. The code you write will reach millions and help redefine the firm.
* The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading the delivery of mobile apps using his/her knowledge of native Android languages.
* The candidate will get to work with modern technologies, such as RESTful web services, OAuth 2.0 and the latest version of Android Studio, and will utilize them to build cutting-edge software that will include advance data visualizations. The candidate should also demonstrate deep knowledge of mobile architectures that encourage code reuse and ease debugging.
* They should be comfortable working with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing good quality, easily testable code. They should also be able to collaborate and contribute estimates to the planning process.
* The candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities and should be able to lead others towards his/her technical vision.
* Knowledge of Consumer Finance is not essential but experience in any of these areas may provide a candidate with some advantage.
* Clear verbal and written communication skills will be crucial since the candidate must be able to gather requirements as well as influence and gain consensus for their designs with the global technology team.
* Work to identify where automation can be applied to various aspects of the development process and projects
* Interact with and influence key/internal stakeholders
* Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and managers
* Contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* 2+ years of practical experience in software programming
* Strong knowledge of Android Studio
* Knowledge of MVC and MV* patterns
* An appreciation of design
* Active on Github, or StackOverflow
* Experience with Kotlin
* Knowledge of the latest Android technologies
* Experience with Realm, Rx java, Retrofit
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world. Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.