We're a team of creative pioneers partnering with Global 500 companies to create groundbreaking digital products and services (think mobile apps, AR/VR, websites, internet-of-things, etc.). We take complex challenges and use a combination of business strategy, user experience design, and technical aptitude to craft cutting-edge solutions that transform the lives of end-users. Our team is comprised of fun, curious, and brilliantly eccentric individuals collaborating in an environment that nurtures creativity and exploration. Put simply, we solve hard problems and make some really cool things.
Smashing Ideas is seeking an experienced Android Developer to join our Mobile team. You will work on diverse teams featuring people with a vast array of skills and specialties (including web and service development, UX research, strategy, and design). If you enjoy collaborating with others, working with purpose, and like to push the edge of impossible, read below and apply to join our community of mischief-makers. We take pride in the things we build and hope you do too.
* Work collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, strategists, project managers, and QA engineers to build applications that will delight users
* Utilize your Android development experience to transform design specifications into functional, user-centric products
* Participate in project brainstorms, stand-ups, and retrospectives
* Communicate actively and explain technical information to teammates and other project partners
* Work in a dynamic environment on highly engineered projects
* Expand and adapt development skills in an enthusiastic manner
Must - Experience developing native apps for Android
* Strong English written and verbal communication skills
* Enthusiasm for cross-platform development and the latest mobile technologies
* Professional development experience in Kotlin or Java
* A desire and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to express your opinions, and the willingness to hear out others and incorporate new information and viewpoints
* A genuine concern for the people using your code, from fellow and future developers to customers of customers
* Kindness, empathy, and valuing those traits in others.
* English: Advanced/Fluent