Motif is building innovative investment products and making them universally accessible. We're a technology-driven investing company, who's award-winning platform allows investors to trade intelligently weighted baskets of stocks built around a theme or investing style. Only at Motif can investors buy fractional shares (i.e., $100 of AMZN stock) in real-time, participate in hundreds of IPOs, and very soon add cryptoassets to their portfolio.
We're a fun, hard-working team passionate about shipping high-quality products. Headquartered in sunny San Mateo, California, we're backed by top-tier investors such as Goldman Sachs, J.P.Morgan, Foundation Capital and have been recognized as a pioneer in the investing space by Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, CNBC, Finnovate, NerdWallet, and others.
We are seeking a mobile engineer to create and deploy features for an innovative personal investing platform on Android. You will be responsible for the mobile experience from server integration to native app interfaces.
The ideal candidate will have experience building scalable, responsive and elegant mobile applications. They should have a proven career of developing high quality code and exhibit strong software engineering skills. They must have a passion for delivering technical and complex applications through intuitive user interfaces.
* Design and implement superb mobile interfaces using cutting edge modern technologies to support securities and crypto-asset trading.
* Collaborate with the product team and back-end developers to push the limits of existing mobile technologies and create the best possible user experience
* Partner with all functional groups to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
* Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process, including: scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
* Experience building and shipping mobile applications for the Android platform
* Experience with launching and supporting consumer facing products
* Fluent with Java and a good understanding of the Android SDK
* Proficient with mobile development platforms
* Financial industry experience with electronic trading systems a plus
* Knowledge of cross platform native mobile development frameworks a plus