Emtec is Global consulting company that provides technology-empowered business solutions for world class organizations. Our Global Workforce of over 700 consultants provide best in class services to our clients within the Healthcare & Life Sciences, Utilities, Business Services, Banking, Insurance & Financial Services, Education and Manufacturing sectors. Our clients span the emerging, mid-market and enterprise space. With multiple offices worldwide, we are uniquely positioned to deliver solutions to our clients leveraging Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft and Infor with a focus on Mobility, Cloud and Analytics. Emtec's singular mission is to create "Clients for Life" - long-term relationships that deliver rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value.
At Emtec, we have a unique blend of Corporate and Entrepreneurial cultures. This is where you would have an opportunity to drive business value for clients while you innovate and continue to grow and have fun while doing it. You would work with team members who are vibrant, smart and passionate and they bring their passion to all that they do - whether it's learning, giving back to our communities or always going the extra mile for our client.
Location Negotiable. 50-70% travel required.
Emtec is seeking an Analytics Solution Architect to join our Oracle team. This person will utilize their Data Warehousing and Data Transformation expertise to help guide the solution architecture of Analytics engagements across Emtec's clients. This person will be involved in presales activities including requirement discovery, and application demonstrations. The candidate should have significant experience designing analytical solutions from the ground up, preferably using Oracle BI tools. The candidate should have prior experience guiding organizations in their approach to enterprise analytics, leveraging data management and enterprise reporting concepts to design impactful solutions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Analyzing and understanding strategic enterprise data and information needs for customers. Providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies
* Providing overall Pre-Sales lifecycle expertise for Analytics opportunities. Providing technical input into the sales cycle
* Demonstrating good customer facing skills to represent Analytics solutions, and driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
* Architecture, design and development of enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solutions, including utilizing leading ETL/BI tools
* Demonstrating deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
* Solutions - Delivering on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. Participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and delivering BI and Analytics solutions
* Ability to continually research, evaluate, and apply emerging technologies to improve the business outcome of services to customers
Must Have Skills:
* Bachelor's Degree, MBA or higher
* 10-15 years of experience that includes:
* Data analytics solution design, development and delivery, functional and/or technical consulting, business consulting
* Strong experience with data warehouse architecture is a must
* Solid understanding of Kimball and/or Inmon data warehousing methodologies
* Awareness of emerging data warehouse design approaches and the potential future impact to Data Warehouse architecture
* Ability to lead interview sessions with subject matter experts in an effort to formulate the Business Intelligence solution architecture
* Ability to develop technical architecture designs which support a robust solution, taking into account the user requirements, technical requirements etc.
* Hands on experience in the analysis, planning, designing, testing, deploying, and administration of a complex BI and Analytics environment
* Data warehousing and data modeling experience including: Cloud and on-premise databases, OLAP, Star/Snow Flake Schemas, Dimensional Data Modeling, Fact & Dimension tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling are essential
* Ability to work with clients to identify new areas within the business where the BI or Analytics software can be utilized to better drive business results
* Expertise with ETL tools and concepts such as ODI, Informatica, Golden Gate, SSIS etc.
* Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical users
* Experience with project methodology techniques and documentation (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
* Expertise in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including initial design/analysis of portal solutions through deployment of the solution
* Ability to perform gap analysis between package delivered functionality and client's requirements
* Ability to map client requirements to BI and Analytics application functionality and identify creative custom solutions when necessary.
* Ability to train client personnel on the usage and administration of Oracle BI and Analytics applications
* Experience developing data conversion and testing strategies
* Experience developing high level project work plans
* Ability to work with an offshore team (India based) during the entire project life cycle
* Providing technical leadership and mentoring a team
* Experience with Oracle Analytics tools including OBIEE/OBIA, & OACS (OUA is a plus)
* Prior consulting experience in a consulting firm or professional services firm
* Big Data platform knowledge, specifically MapR distribution is a big plus
* Professional Skills:
* Effective client-facing interpersonal skills
* Should be comfortable and effective acting as liaison between multiple technology and business/user groups in large scale meetings
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Ability to work with Executives
* Works well in teams and independently
* Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects
Emtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.