Chase your aspirations with no boundaries at Leidos! Accelerate your career growth by joining Leidos.
The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group seeks you, an experienced and creative software engineer knowledgeable in Python to implement high quality software solutions incorporating analytics, in support of research customers that include DARPA, AFRL, and IARPA. As our new Analytics Software Engineer, you would design, develop, and improve applications within several domains critical to our government customers, including automated extraction and labeling systems, data analytics, natural language processing, and machine learning working in either Arlington, VA or Dayton, OH.
Cool stuff you will be doing:
* Work in a research driven environment that focuses on rapid prototyping to evaluate custom analytics against quantitative metrics, and would be expected to contribute to the research team by providing valuable perspectives on productive avenues of research.
* Be prepared to integrate capabilities from machine-learning, text-mining, or natural language processing libraries into an architecture supporting analytic processing of a variety of data domains, as well as potentially understanding and altering legacy code.
* Know how to write software code that scales, incorporates error handling, and incorporates data and analytic provenance as an integral part of the production of analytic results.
* Expected to recommend and implement best practices supporting the secure software development lifecycle.
* Implement applied research into one or more of the following domains: automated extraction and labeling systems, human language technology, statistical/machine learning, visual analytics, and cognitive science.
* Prototype development and integration of new capabilities into new and existing systems.
* Conduct metrics-based evaluation of research prototypes
* Write documentation to include implementation of regression and unit tests.
To be successful in this role you must have these skills:
* BS in Computer Science (or a related discipline) and 2 years' experience in software engineering.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
* At least 1 year of experience implementing solutions in Python.
* Familiar with machine-learning, text-mining or natural language processing concepts.
* Communicative with the ability to state their needs and be an active member of a team.
* Self-motivated and self-starter.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
* Deep understanding of implementing analytic solutions using Python
* Hands-on experience with prototype development
* Hands-on experience with automated data cleansing, formatting, staging, and transformation
* Hands-on experience applying data analytics
* Hands-on experience with intelligent systems and machine learning
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.