Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we're looking for a talented and motivated Analytics Architect to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We're generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
JOB DUTIES: As an Analytics Architect you will be part of the Data & Analytics architecture team responsible for building analytics platform for data scientists and data citizens as part of Caterpillar digital platform. You will be responsible for analytics technology roadmap that will include analytics model development, model training, model migration from sandbox to production, advanced interactive visualization, and introduction of emerging AI, NLP and ML technologies.
* Lead development of analytics platform architecture including capabilities roadmap, technology selection, high-level architecture, and deployment roadmap
* Lead development of high-level design for analytics use cases building advanced analytics model and deploy based on specific use cases
* Review/collaborate with other architects to incorporate analytics solution in overall design & estimate rough-order-of-magnitude (ROM) costs
* Participate and contribute to build data sharing policies required to enable data scientists to get access to data efficiently to build new models
* Participate and contribute to data governance, API governance, Architecture Review Board (ARB) and other activities
* Responsible/participate for building design patterns related to analytics & visualization working closely with business partners and data SMEs
* Support effort to develop enterprise data model and data catalog for digital platform
* Develop and/or support data standards for the enterprise data platform
* Expected to keep up with emerging trends & technologies, new startups in big data and analytics and keep abreast of latest related research
* Mentor and coach architects to develop talent pipeline of information and integration architects
* Support efforts to migrate legacy systems to enterprise data platforms
* Be an evangelist to promote understanding and usage of enterprise data to build digital applications
* Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in a computer or related field
* 8+ years of IT job experience related to deploying advanced analytics model as part of a complex digital application
* Must have broad understanding and experience in advanced analytics technologies - and at least two or more of the following: C3IoT, AWS ML services, open source ML services
* Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation in public cloud eco-system including environments management, test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc.
* Demonstrated experience in defining strategy and architecting complex integrated enterprise solutions that include advanced predictive or prescriptive analytics
Top candidates will also have:
* Keen self-interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and acquire practical knowledge on how to apply them for business use
* Hands-on experience with AWS ML technologies like Sagemaker, Poly etc.
* Strong leadership skills to communicate and influence business and IT leaders
* Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring architects, technical leads, and developers
* Hands-on development experience in common data services in a public cloud environment (AWS preferred)
Caterpillar designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and engines.