What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
* Proficiency with basic operations of a PC
* Ability to work Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm CT (may change as needed) nights/weekends/holidays /on call and fully participate in the on-call schedule.
* 3-5 years working autonomously in a mission-critical Data Center environment
* Ability to easily lift up to 50 lbs. throughout the day
* Ability to understand installation specifications, and rack/stack customer equipment accordingly
What we'd love to see:
* Trade School/Associate's Degree or equivalent practical experience
* Previous experience working in Data Centers
* Basic knowledge of structured cabling or fiber backbone (layer I)
Impact You'll Make:
* Cabling: Daily installation and oversight of all network and storage patching for new systems including maintenance of appropriate documentation for all pathways and labeling of all connections
* Installation: Daily installation of all IT servers, network hardware and related components to manufacturer specification
* Space assignment: Provision exact space assignments and maintain documentation for each IT device and all related components ensuring proper operation and appropriate expansion space.
* Power assignment: Provision exact power assignments and maintain documentation for all rack mounted and floor mounted devices maintaining appropriate power distribution and utilization.
* Cabinet Layout: Assign space, power, tile cuts and cable raceways for all new rows of server cabinets, floor mounted devices, storage frames, tape drives etc.
* Cable plant design: Work with hardware owners to understand project requirements and select, document and order appropriate solutions to meet connectivity and density needs.
Onsite Support: Respond to incidents and work with other teams in the verification and recovery process of IT systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Analyst, Data Center
TransUnion is a risk and information solutions provider to businesses and consumers.