Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Our Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players are critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
Are you looking for a career where your strategic skill and analytical prowess can be used alongside your real passion for games? As an Analyst at Riot Games, you'll use the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our audiences and systems. Your technical skill set, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the implications of our work on our audiences.
Our Infrastructure Platform initiative is responsible for building and operating everything that powers the services and infrastructure behind League of Legends, as well as paving the way for future games. As a key member of this team, you'll use your strategic mindset and analytical wizardry to advise your teams on better decision-making. You'll provide key insight on a wide range of issues, from feature prioritization to investment opportunities. Your ability to navigate through ambiguous strategic issues and your experience in analytics makes you an all-star for a role that demands both.
* You will partner with your stakeholders to generate insights and frameworks that will inform how we build our products and experiences
* You will provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions
* You will collect, transform, and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
* You will share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
* You will mentor other analysts, helping them learn from your own experiences
Applicable Experiences, Skill Sets and Technologies
* Bachelor's degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline in addition to a minimum of five years of professional work experience in finance or consulting, analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, cost modeling, and informing company strategy
* Master's degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline in addition to a minimum of three years of professional work experience in finance or consulting, analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, cost modeling, and informing company strategy
* Strong business insight and finesse
* Ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teammates
* Knowledgeable in SQL or other relational database approaches
* Knowledgeable in Python or other programming languages
* Advanced in Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strategic interpersonal skills and strong organizational chops
* Deep sense of ownership
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.