We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Responsible for ensuring configuration control is maintained and consistent as applied between Engineering documents and all computer based tracking and issuing systems.
* • Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description. * May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders. * Reviews and evaluates new part requests in compliance with SWA policy and procedures for maintaining effectiveness, interchangeability data, configuration application and part details for all aircraft and component configurations within the Southwest fleets. * Maintain the configuration data for all SWA aircraft and components within multiple and varied SWA systems. * Ensures appropriate approvals and documentation are in place prior to adding components or assemblies to SWA systems. * Sets up and maintains kits within the SWA systems. * Collaborates with Project Engineers to define and validate part/component interchangeability, equivalency, substitutions and correct representation in computer systems and published data.. * Review IPC and other engineering documents to validate parts requests maintain approved configurations and certifications. * Initiate requests to be add/update parts data within SWA IPC. * Review OEM, regulatory and Engineering documents to identify/validate approved, equivalent and interchangeable configuration data. * Coordinate with appropriate Engineering, Supply Chain, and other organizations to ensure correct part details are represented. in SWA systems. * Comply with directives as set forth from time to time by the management and supervision. * Maintains a constant vigilance on all related CFR's and regulatory changes affecting Southwest Airlines Maintenance.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. * Bachelor's degree -OR- will have obtained/possess a completed Bachelor's degree by June 2019 -OR- do you have equivalent work experience required * Must be at least 18 years of age. * Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* 3 years of aviation maintenance experience required. * 3 years of Experience working with maintenance documents; maintenance manuals, diagrams, IPC, etc. * Experience with Boeing maintenance data preferred.
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant license preferred.
* Ability to lift 50+ lbs; Climb ladders; work from heights of 40+ feet.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines. * • Focus on internal and external Customer requirements. * Demonstrated problem solving skills; Analyze/resolve problems; research/recommend alternative actions; interpret technical requirements; compliance to company policies & procedures; communicate issues clearly and in a timely manner. * Demonstrated proficiency working with aircraft technical data, drawings, and manuals to determine affectivity and eligibility of components/assemblies for installation on specific aircraft. * Works well independently as well as collaborate with others as part of a team. * Work under operational pressure, under stressful situations, under tight time constraints, and with a sense of urgency for results. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate effectively via telephone as well as within group settings. Excellent writing skills are required. * Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and Internet based applications. Including a working knowledge of MyBoeingFleet.com for validating configuration affectivities and other engineering data. * Demonstrated skill/knowledge working with airline Engineering documents, drawings and parts lists. * Demonstrates initiative to achieve consistent results. * Must be conscientious and detail oriented.
* • Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines. * Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. * Must be at least 18 years of age. * Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines is an airline low-cost carrier.