Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Analyst, Application Systems
Perspecta has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Analyst, Application Systems - in Wilkes-Barre, PA; San Mateo, CA; St. Louis, MO; or Raleigh, NC.
* Under general direction, formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
* Exercise analytical techniques when gathering information from users, define work problems, design a system of computer programs and develop procedures to resolve the problems.
* Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
* Develop and modify complex systems and develop subsystems to enhance the overall operational system.
* Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties and document as necessary.
* Analyze methods of approach.
* Review task proposal requirements, gather information, analyze data, prepare project synopses, compare alternatives, prepare specifications for programs, resolve processing problems, coordinate work with programmers and orient users to new systems.
* Perform all functional duties independently.
* Work on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
* Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in business analysis, software development and/or related field.
* Ability to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs or mission critical aspects of a given program.
* Oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* Experience in training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
* Extensive knowledge of and experience in software requirements elicitation and scope definition through research, fact-finding or user interviews.
* Solid experience