Job Description SummaryProvide analytical support within the post market surveillance team with the overall mission of identifying product issues and monitoring customer feedback through complaint trending and analysis to drive continuous improvement. This includes working closely with R&D, Engineering, Operations, and Management to conduct ad hoc data requests and in depth analysis of complaint and failure data. This information is integrated into recurring management reviews and analytical dashboards for effective communication and action.
Duties & responsibilities
* Conduct ad hoc and recurring data requests which involve data collection, data mining, analysis and reporting. Documentation and archiving as required by Quality System policies and procedures.
* Work collaboratively with internal customers to refine and optimize analysis and reporting criteria as well as manage expectations around analysis delivery timelines and output capabilities.
* Participates on project teams that require analytics support and participate in developing department processes to drive improved speed and accuracy in data structuring, cleansing, validation, and publishing.
* Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in computer science or other technical discipline.
* A Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* SQL database or equivalent data warehouse extraction and analysis experience.
* Broad knowledge of BI Tools and text mining strategies. Experience building dashboards in QlikView (preferred), Tableau, or equivalent considered a plus.
* Proven project management skills and ability to self-manage workload.
* Experience in a regulated environment and/or interest in the medical device field
* Comfortable presenting data-driven findings to high-level internal stakeholders
* These are only minimum qualifications for this position at this grade level. Other factors are taken into consideration when deciding what position and grade level to place an employee such as performance level, capable contribution level and company need.
Specific Skills & Abilities
* Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel (vlookups, pivots, macros), Access (query strategy), SQL Server Management Studio, Sharepoint & Powerpoint
* Fundamental understanding of statistics, specifically quality statistics is required.
* Manipulate & iterate on existing dashboards; Ability to develop if needed
* Expertise in analyzing unstructured data sets (Text Mining)
* Experience writing sophisticated SQL queries to extract specified information & assist in data integrity efforts
* Interest in medical device industry/regulated environment is a key advantage
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or walk, stoop or kneel; is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Normal office environment with moderate noise, little dust, temperature changes, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.