BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Join a high-quality engineering team to design, build and deliver a state of the art Alternatives Investment Management platform, within BlackRock's Aladdin.
The platform runs from deal capture, deal execution, through asset management, portfolio risk analysis to core operational processing. It caters for all private illiquid investments and will complement the existing sophisticated investment management tools for public liquid investments. This rare opportunity will transform the Alternatives investing industry.
This means that the you will learn a huge amount about the entire Alternatives investment process, work with some of the best investors in the industry, and deliver superb software that will be used all around the world at the world's largest Asset Manager, and at the hundreds of institutions that depend on Aladdin.
* 100% engineering
* 100% impact
You will be a Full-stack Engineer in the world's largest and most admired Asset Manager. You will fall in love with the culture, be excited by the challenge, and be passionate about getting things done.
Getting things done means:
* Collaborate: you will contribute in sprints, in demos, and share knowledge in the global team
* Quality code: help write high-quality code across the full-stack to drive product forward
* Continuous improvement: you will review pull requests and give feedback to help the team grow
* Team first: feel a part of an outstanding team through collaboration with tech leads to make stack and architecture decisions, and by bringing a diverse opinion to the discussion
* Grow: be better every single day, through bringing your whole self to work, and being you
Skills we look for:
* Full-stack experience, architecture expertise and DevOps by default
* Committed to code quality, software testing, and CI/CD
* Strong product sense, and obsession with delivering great software
* Demonstrated experience in meaningful roles with big goals and ambitious timelines
* Engaging interpersonal skills, with a passion to share
* Organised and diligent, with a keen eye for details
* Continuously curious, and being a student of technology
* Project experience with:
* Cassandra, Sybase or document based database technologies
* Hadoop or other map/reduce technology
* Server side Java
* K8s, docker and cloud fluent
* Project and issue tracking systems, ideally JIRA/Atlassian/GitLab
When you join, we will achieve great things.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.