Do you love to use your analysis skills to understand how a very complicated system works?
Do you want to be counted on to take on some of the country's most significant defense problems?
Are you looking to join a top-notch team and start making key contributions right away?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a missile defense systems analyst to help us improve algorithms that expand the capability of U.S. missile defense systems. You will apply your coding and analysis skills in a high tempo, learn-as-you-go environment. We will support your professional development as you become a go-to person for understanding of advanced Battle Management and Command and Control (BMC2) algorithms. In our group, we ask questions, identify problems, propose solutions, and meet deadlines, all to ensure an operational capability that meets national defense needs. We strive for an environment of continuous improvement, listening, and teamwork. You will learn something new every single day.
As a Missile Defense Analyst
* Your primary responsibility will be to execute tests of software algorithms and systems, analyze the results, and prepare test reports. You will review specifications, evaluate design documents, provide feedback on presentations for peers and leadership, and help to prepare assessment plans and schedules aligned with an agile software process.
* You will bring your experience to a team developing our MATLAB infrastructure that facilitates test execution and enables the collection and analysis of test metrics. You will make improvements to existing scripts and find chances to create new capabilities.
* You will prepare for and participate in technical interchange meetings, providing insight to contractor, government agency, and research laboratory participants.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
* Have a bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science with over 3 years professional experience.
* Have experience developing in MATLAB.
* Are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing and, at the same time, can understand what others are saying.
* Are able to obtain Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have experience working with agile software development methodologies, programming in Java, or using Systems Tool Kit.
* Have a Secret or above security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.