Job ID 00000119610 Date posted 07/11/2019 Location Seal Beach, California, United States Company The Boeing Company
Airport Compatibility Engineering (ACE) is seeking candidates to join our team contribute to our high visibility work statement to assure that Boeing airplanes are compatible with and have access to the worlds airport, strive for airport regulations that are equitable and achievable for Boeing aircraft, ensure that new airplane design requirements result in minimal aircraft/airport constraints, minimize airport limitations/restrictions on our aircraft and provide airplane programs support.
The Boeing Company is looking for an Airport Analysis Technical Analyst for our Seal Beach location. The Airport Analysis Technical Analyst performs analysis to evaluate airplane to airport compatibility, develops airplane, airport and traffic reports and provides airplane characteristics data for general airport planning in the Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning (ACAP) document that include airplane description, airplane performance, ground maneuvering, terminal servicing, operating conditions, and pavement data.
* Documents airplane configurations
* Conducts studies and analyzes information and data from a variety of sources as well as assists with new product development
* Verifies airplane configuration information to support sales and marketing.
* Assists with responses to external customer inquiries related to airplane configuration capabilities by gathering specific data.
* Gathers information related to new technology and technology application concepts to further improve conceptual and existing airplane configurations.
* Assists with the incorporation of new technology or technology applications into the Boeing product lines by coordinating meetings with stakeholders and helping assure program direction is maintained by tracking and documenting performance to plan.
The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and important customer meetings off-hours and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365. www.boeing.com/airports
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required skills and experience):
* Associates of Science degree and 3 or more years' of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
* Microsoft Office experience: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired skills and experience):
* Experience in AutoCAD and AeroTURN/PATH Planner.
* Database knowledge is a plus.
* Foreign language skill is a plus.
* Experience with communication, collaboration, planning & organizing, managing work and initiating action.
* Familiar with FAA/ICAO Airport Design standards is an advantage.
Typical Education and Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years' related work experience, 5 years' related work experience, etc.).
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.