Aircraft Logs and Records Technician, GS-301-07: Maintains aircraft and engine logbooks and associated records. Proficient performing all operator, data entry and retrieval functions associated with aircraft recordkeeping. Performs networking functions between individual stations, including analysis and correction of errors caused by software, hardware or data entry. Transmits and receives data via floppy disk, modem and other electronic means. Extracts data, formulates and interprets management reports, creates archives, backups, and data saves in support of military deployments and detachment operations. Performs a wide range of clerical and administrative duties related to aircraft maintenance, such as preparing reports and correspondence, filing and typing, performing data base and systems analysis.
Additional Requirements: Shall be proficient performing all operator, data entry, and retrieval functions. Transmits and receives data via disk, modem, and other electronic means. Extracts data, formulates and interprets management reports, creates archives, backups, and data saves in support of deployments and detachment operations. Performs a wide range of administrative duties such as preparing reports and correspondence, filing and typing.
Skill and Knowledge:
* Good working knowledge of U.S. Navy policies, methods, and technical publications.
* Must have a working knowledge of the governing systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
* Must be familiar with aviation log sets.
* Data Analysis.
Responsibility: Performs requirements in accordance with the procedures established in the PWS. Performs a variety of clerical, administrative, and managerial duties necessary to keep aircraft maintenance activities running efficiently. Reconciles data in. Procures, receives, stores and issues material and repair components. Utilizes financial accounting and database systems. May be required to verify work performed by another for which he/she is qualified to perform.
* Performs duties for "O" Level maintenance support.
* Documents scheduled and unscheduled maintenance support for H-1 aircraft.
* Support maintenance Administration Division requirements as outlined in CNAFINST 4790.2 (series)
* Aircraft readiness reporting
* Processes readiness documents, administers aircraft configuration status accounting program and verifies aircraft utilization reports.
* Documents aircraft maintenance actions via logs, records, forms, and electronic means.
* Utilizes current management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records.
* Schedules aircraft inspections.
* Keeps charts that show trends in aircraft system reliability.
* Organizes and operates libraries of technical publications, reports and related maintenance data.
* Issues aircraft inspection and work orders.
* Performs clerical duties such as filing and typing.
* Prepares reports and correspondence.
* Performs computer data base and system analysis.
* Tracks and documents Technical Directive compliance entries.
* Maintains Aircraft, Engines, and SE Logbooks and associated records.
* Maintains Central Technical Publications Library.
* Provides support services.
* Performs other tasks as directed.
* Configuration Management for Organizational and Intermediate Activities (C-555-0059)
* Aeronautical Technical Publications Library Management (C-555-0007)
* NALCOMIS OOMA System Administrator (C-555-0049)
* Utilize the current management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required
* Five or more years' experience as Aviation Maintenance Administrationman/Aircraft Logs and Records Technician
* U.S. Navy Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (AZ) "A" School or equivalent
* Three years Aviation Logs and Records experience
* Must be able to work shift schedules as required per Performance Work Statement (PWS)
* Must be able work work-week schedules i.e. M-F, Sn-Th or as required per PWS
* Must be able to pass a background check
* Must be able to obtain favorable National Agency Check with Written Inquires (NACI), IAW DTM-08-003 "Next Generation Common Access Card (CAC) Implementation Guidance or Secret security clearance as required for the position
* Must be able to climb ladders, raised platforms and aircraft.
* Must be able to deploy to support off station exercises and perform other support duties as assigned.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed; and (e) KAI commencing performance on this contract.