* Understand the functional/ nonfunctional requirements. * Participate in client calls and prepare the clarification list to seek clarifications. * Prepare the list of requirements and seek review inputs from the key stakeholders. * Update requirements traceability matrix. * Create impact analysis document (for simple change) to understand the impact on the existing functionality, as required.
* Provide inputs to create the low level design for the module based on the understanding of the requirement and HLD. * Identify the list of reusable assets that can be used and share inputs. * Share the list of components with the Senior Developer/ other relevant stakeholders and seek inputs.
* Based on LLD , identify the component that needs to be created. * Set up the environment for creating the component. * Replicate the existing code to the environment. * Establish connection to the databases. * Conduct coding as per finalized technical specification document. * Follow coding standards and best practices to check code quality. * Generate code quality document for the code review through various tools (Informatica, Aqua). * Share the developed code for review. * Rework on the code based on inputs shared by the Sr Developer and Module Lead if required. * Identify unit test case scenarios based on the design. * Prepare unit test cases and test data under guidance. * Merge code in the build environment and seek inputs from the Senior Developer. * Conduct peer review for the other team members. * Conduct technical troubleshooting if required.
* Conduct unit testing based on the identified test scenarios. * Fix simple defects identified during unit testing. * Prepare unit test document based on the test results and share the same for review. * Integrate and conduct system integration testing. * Address queries raised by QA team within defined timelines. * Analyze and fix the defects identified during functional / non functional testing. * Understand the impact/ criticality and priority of the defect. * Conduct regression testing for QA testing. * Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines. * Track the status of defects using the test management tool (ALM, QC ). * Close the defect in test management tool once resolved.
* Branch off the existing code in the version control tool (VSS, CSV). * Identify configurable items. * Maintain version control across different configurable items (documents component, data mapping clarification document etc).
* Share the environment set up details with the deployment team. * Provide inputs on instructions (in case standard). * Create a deployment package under guidance of senior members in the team. * Raise deployment request to deployment team to deploy the code in the integrated environment. * Review the deployed component in the environment. * Load the test data. * Conduct smoke testing under guidance. * Share notification with QA team post completion of testing.
Service Support and Maintenance:
Specific to production and maintenance support:
* Prioritize incidents based on criticality. * Route the defects logged to the right stakeholder if required. * Attend user calls, and capture required information and incident details for logging. * Coordinate with the different stakeholders to resolve as per SLA. * Run appropriate tests, once the defect is resolved. * Track the status in the test management tool (QC, Alma etc). * In case of any recurring incidents, prepare a learning document capturing the known errors. * Provide inputs to module lead in creation of transition plan (project steps and milestones).
* Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by Lead. * Share artifact with supervisor for review. * Upload article in the knowledge management repository. * Search the knowledge repository for information to resolve problems. * Apply best practices/ learning during the code development. * Create reusable assets and their documentation. * Create value addition documents (value added by team to the client) and share it with the team.
* Provide inputs in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation. * Conduct training or knowledge sharing sessions (in case of niche technology).
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.