Cubic Global Defense
Cubic Austin is a software developer in its Austin, TX. We've been developing software in since 2007 and in spring of 2014, we merged with Cubic Corporation (CUB) and are now a part of their Global Defense segment, which is a market leader in innovative live, virtual, and game based training solutions.
We value the work-life balance of our employees and have received top workplace honors in the past. Our employees regularly rate their relationships with their co-workers as one of the best aspects of working here and one of the main reasons they stay. Our role within Cubic is to be an innovative force; therefore we want forward thinking, high energy collaborators to join our team. We offer competitive compensation, top tier benefits, and great workplace perks (fully stocked kitchen, casual dress environment, to name but a few).
CUBIC AUSTIN - BUILD WHAT'S NEXT
Cubic Austin empowers people who understand how innovative software can drive revolutionary change. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, scientists, and thinkers embrace visions of the future and collaborate with our customers to bring them to life today. Through the creative disruption of traditional thinking, we inspire and deliver new products that produce significant value. Cubic Austin - we build what's next.
Cubic Austin is looking for an energetic and innovative artificial intelligence research scientist to drive relationships with US military agencies (like DARPA and NGA), and world class universities. Our new scientist will direct AI research for our existing data science, machine learning, AI, and software teams. You have a unique opportunity to lead disruptive technology transformations that will change the world.
* Research and develop machine learning systems that help train and/or deploy models
* Research and develop new ML algorithms to aid in speech processing and recommendation systems
* Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos
* Contribute to the organization's strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
* Effectively communicate with global engineering teams
* PhD degree in Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning/Deep Learning) or related fields
* In-depth fundamental knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms and methods with proven experience, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these various methods
* Familiarity with statistical data processing, neural networks, decision trees, regression techniques, pattern recognition, clustering, statistical techniques, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, and dimensionality reduction, including mastery of the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
* Experience creating intelligent agents approximating components of human behavior
* Familiarity with Contextual Bandit algorithms and/or Reinforcement Learning
* Ability to comprehend modern ML research papers and adapt those models to solve real world problems
* Solid understanding on various software development tools, software process, and environments: IDE, debugger, source control, bug tracking, etc.
* Ability to multi-task effectively under considerable pressure and deadlines and easily adapt within a fast-paced environment
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.