JP Morgan Chase
AI Engineering - Software Engineer - VP
Req #: 190049796
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. It has been on a transformational journey to become a client-centric technology driven company over the past few years. With an annual tech budget of $10B+, the firm has been making substantial investments in building in the next generation core infrastructure, data and AI technology.
As the next push into this investment, Asset & Wealth Management Technology is hiring the best talents to join its newly-formed AI engineering team. We are executing like a startup and building the next generation technology that combines JPMC unique data and full service advantage to develop high-impact AI applications and platforms supporting the Asset & Wealth Management Business. We are looking for people who are excited about the opportunity.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. Across a network of technology hubs worldwide, our team of 50,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you
The primary function of the Software Engineering role of this role is to partner across central Technology teams, AWM-aligned Technology Teams, 3rd parties, and within our AWM-aligned AI Engineering team to deliver solutions across on-prem and cloud-based environments.
The role requires a wide range of strengths and skills including:
* Broad experience across a number of programming languages, frameworks, and platforms
* Knowledge of modern data storage and pipelining approaches
* Knowledge of Container frameworks such as Docker & Kubernetes
* Linux experience
* Experience developing solutions both on-prem and in the cloud - AWS experience preferred
* Partners and collaborates with various functional groups which include technologists and non-technologists, demonstrating deep and broad technical subject matter expertise, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and teamwork
* Performs deep-dives into specific issues that arise, working closely with Data & AI Engineers and other Technologists to understand issues and resolve them
* Participates in the ongoing design & evolution of the target state platform as informed by experience and ground reality
* Shares developments, patterns, best practices, and lessons learned with the broader team
* Understands the overall ecosystem and helps others successfully navigate integration issues and technical obstacles to identify appropriate solutions aligned with best practices
* Takes action to develop and provide team with resources and opportunities to maximize performance
* Open to different points of view and constructive feedback
* Fosters an environment where risk / control issues are escalated, and trends are anticipated and identified
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.