AI and Analytics Research Software Engineer
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world's most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requirements Background and Skills:
* BS in Computer Science, or related area; an MS in Computer Science or related area is a plus.
* 5+ years of related experience.
* Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
* Knowledge of operating system architecture, distributed systems and clusters, networking and file systems.
* Proficiency in Java, or another modern programming language with ability to learn Java quickly.
* Familiarity with Python and shell scripting is recommended.
* Experience with AI workflows and applications required.
* Familiarity with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe or other Deep Learning frameworks a big plus.
* Familiarity with Spark and other Open Source analytics software.
* Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and containerized applications.
* Familiarity with installing, configuring, and integrating multiple open source projects.
* Ability to work as part of team required.
* Familiarity with Agile software development and related tools a plus.
* Great verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, prioritize work and deliver software projects on time.
* Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Cray designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services computing systems, and data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.