We are currently hiring for the following two opportunities. In your cover letter, please indicate your role preference: AI & Analytics Data Engineer or Visualization Engineer.
AI & Analytics Data Engineer
* Integrate high volume, high variation and/or high velocity data to produce answers and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions * Deliver data pipelines to store data in the way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable * Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses * Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy * Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, meta data cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines * Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant's reference architecture * Understand and document technical use case requirements in order to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
* Bachelor's Degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience * Strong business communication skills (including written and oral) * Experience with Java development for modern data engineering * Strong background in relational data models * Exposure in ETL tools & RDBMS * Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
* Full lifecycle development experience * Implementation experience within the Hadoop ecosystem * Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications) * Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks such as Apache Spark * Working knowledge of application development using Hadoop components (HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, etc.) * Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau, QlikSense /QlikView, R or SAS * Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle) * Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS) * Experience leading teams
AI & Analytics Visualization Engineer
* Provide direct and interactive storytelling to clients through the use of information systems that transform data complexity into digitally informed and intelligent data visualizations. * Work with customers for addressing their visualization & narratives opportunities * Frame and define strategic solution options to various stakeholders * Perform analytical storytelling backed by self-developed visualizations, and the articulation of IT-centric proposals * Work with and analyze large data sets in multiple formats * Embed AI within Visualization meaningfully to deliver customer outcomes * R & D on new technologies and create shareable assets in the form of decks or whitepapers
* Bachelor's Degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience * Portfolio of exceptional visualizations including data contextualization * Experience using Tableau or a comparable BI tool such as Qlikview, Spotfire, D3, Looker, Jaspersoft, ThoughtSpot, Open Source Visualization tools * Exposure to Data Engineering Fundamentals to deliver Visualization engagements successful * Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
* Target to contribute on winning Pubic Hackathons * Keep up to date on new analytics trends in the Market and identify where they can be implemented * Focus on RPA, automation, innovations & tools and track their benefit on RFP, project delivery * Awareness of Narrative Science/ YSEOP/Automated Insights and concept of NLG/NLP etc. * Big data monetization technologies including AtScale/Jethro/Arcadia data etc. * Data Wrangling Technologies including Paxata/Trifacta/etc.
Learning & Development
* Your innovative thinking and successes will be rewarded with opportunities for career advancement * Your Cognizant journey will include a learning program catering to your skill level and role that will provide you with new skills, knowledge, and training through our global network of experts * You will be supported by a high-caliber analytics ecosystem * Competitive salary including paid time off, a 401K matching program, an extensive healthcare benefits suite, and more
Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of the major geographic areas where we have significant customer accounts and/or travel may be required.
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for this role. Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.