Tester/Developer will execute true end-to-end business analysis, development and testing of software products in an agile lifecycle. Partnering with key technical and business stakeholders, the candidate will help refine the product vision, create user stories and document acceptance criteria. The candidate will estimate and design a solution, ensure the quality of the final product through manual and automated tests. The candidate will assist users perform UAT and get their sign off. The candidate will help build test cases into regression test suite and support the new software as it is moved to production.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
* At least eight years of work experience in Application Development/IT Systems Testing, and team leadership
10 or more years of experience working as a tester/developer with Calypso or similar applications in Capital Markets domain.
10 or more years exposure to Fixed Income, Derivatives - all or any of: interest rate derivatives/swaps (IRD/IRS), credit derivatives, equity derivatives
10 or more years data mining using SQL with Oracle/SQL Server
* Experience of working within an Investment Banking environment
* Project managing, from inception through to delivery working closely with the business, development and test teams.
* Ensuring comprehensive project documentation, including project plan/ milestones, business requirements, process flow diagrams and management/ project status reporting
* Experience working on Calypso's automation testing tool (CATT) would be a plus.
* Extensive experience creating agile artifacts user stories, defects, acceptance criteria, spike, design documents etc.
* Extensive experience with agile scrum software like JIRA, Confluence, Version One
* Extensive knowledge in modeling and application design and architecture
* Expert knowledge in IT/software quality assurance, system testing tools and system/application testing and implementation-
* Extensive knowledge in product/vendor management and change control
* Experience in: Unit Testing (including automation and integration with CI systems) and Agile Software Development (typically Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
* Strong understanding of system and network architecture
* Ability to identify, resolve, and retest defects
* Expert skills in service virtualization, test case modeling, and test data management tools and processes
* Familiarity with writing custom Code for Calypso
* Leads by example; providing support and mentoring as needed to ensure sufficient skill, knowledge and effectiveness in the development and testing process
* Open, honest, collaborative and clear intra-team communication skills
* Entirely self-directed, can solve business problems from inception to implementation- can solve business problems without explicit direction
* Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes
* Demonstrated technical leadership and direction
* Demonstrated enterprise-level collaboration and system architecture design
* Demonstrated mentorship of more junior resources in technical and business topics
* Ability to analyze features to deliver solutions that meet business needs
* Ability to follow policy requirements related to documentation and other processes
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong time management skills and communication/leadership skills