Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of the following organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Institutional Wealth Solutions Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
This role is for a Scrum Master within the Investment Products & Services Technology organization, focused on Investment Solutions products, such as, Insurance, Annuities and Mutual Funds. The Scrum Master promotes and supports the agile process within and outside the squad. This includes:
* Managing the squad and delivery of the MVP and business priorities
* Manage blockers, obstacles and dependencies.
* Leading the Agile squad and the product owner on the Agile process, such as writing useful user stories and managing the backlog
* Work with organizational resources outside the squad to help them interact effectively
* with the squad, remove impediments and insulates them from organizational bureaucracy
* They foster a collaborative culture and ensure the squad regularly celebrates success
* Bring together stakeholders for alignment meeting
* Organize training
* Report on squad improvements
* Facilitate retrospective to improve squad dynamics
* Facilitate creation and maintenance of squad artifacts such as backlog, definitions and norms etc.
* At least 5 years' experience as a Program/Project manager in both Agile and Waterfall
* Experience in program/project management for complex development projects with multiple different technology platforms
* Working knowledge of Investment Products
* Vendor management
* Knowledge and expertise in JIRA board creation and management
* Project / program management
* Strong communications and writing skills
* Strong business analysis and problem solving skills
* Ability to liaise with diverse groups (tech, ops, business, etc)
* Financial management and forecasting
* Risk management
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm that advises, originates, trades, manages, and distributes capital.