At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was created in 2018, as part of the company's Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams create solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to lead our Marketing Salesforce scrum teams, delivering iterative value to our customers and transforming our culture to that of a start-up with enterprise backing.
* Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
* Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases
* Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
* Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
* Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
* Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
* May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
* Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented
* Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
* Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
* Lives the agile principles and focuses on breeding a culture of agility vs Agile delivery. Leads, mentors and transforms the culture with a focus on the intangibles.
* BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or equivalent work experience
* 5 years' experience as a member of an Agile team
* 1 years' experience with Salesforce in an Administrator, Project Manager or Developer capacity
* Understanding of the Salesforce platform and its primary functions
* Ability to learn new technologies and embrace the challenge learning presents
* A self-starter, comfortable talking through requirements in detail with business partners
* Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
* Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
* Proven history of creating and nurturing an agile culture.
* An excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
About American Express
American Express is a multinational financial services corporation.