For over a century, The Neiman Marcus Group has stayed focused on serving the unique needs of the luxury market. Today, that commitment is stronger than ever. The company has stayed true to the principles of its founders - to be recognized as the premier luxury retailer dedicated to providing our customers with distinctive merchandise and superior service. The Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division - which includes Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman - and the Direct Marketing division, Neiman Marcus Direct. These brands offer upscale assortments of apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty and decorative home products to the affluent consumer. The company operates 42 Neiman Marcus Stores across the United States and two Bergdorf Goodman stores in Manhattan. The company also operates 24 last call clearance centers. These store operations total more than six million gross square feet. Neiman Marcus Direct, the company's direct-to-consumer business, conducts both print catalog and online operations under the Neiman Marcus, Horchow, Last Call and Bergdorf Goodman brand names. Today, as an omni-channel retailer Neiman Marcus is known for the luxury merchandise in its stores, on its websites, and through the company's catalogs - enabling our customers to shop anytime, anywhere, and from any place.
Neiman Marcus is seeking a proven and passionate technology leader for a high-visibility project management role providing project leadership for the NMG customer marketing division. This position will play a significant role in modernizing and enhancing customer personalization and engagement strategies across the NMG enterprise. This is a collaborative role and will work across a blended team comprised of business leaders, strategic consulting partners and technology specialists to deliver on common strategic objectives.
This Agile Project Manager has day-to-day responsibility for managing complex customer personalization programs to completion. Employing an iterative approach, you will coordinate and lead the activities of multiple cross-functional teams to accelerate delivery of concurrent strategic customer enrichment programs. This position is responsible for managing and organizing resources, tasks, budgets and deliverables so that a project is completed within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to leverage their prior knowledge and experience in blending traditional waterfall project management practices with an Agile development methodology in the right proportions to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects. They will be expected to employ an appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
The ideal candidate will have some prior experience applying a Scrum framework, serving as a coach to help NMG evolve over time along the project management maturity curve. This includes being highly motivated to embrace the servant leadership role and derive satisfaction as their team becomes progressively more proficient with project execution leveraging Scrum principles.
This is a task driven project leadership role; however, the most successful candidate will also possess an exceptional customer-facing presence, where their years spent developing crystal clear communication plans appropriate for all levels of the organization will be on display. The breadth of their assignments will involve working closely with the technical team at the execution level, and then being able to quickly pivot and provide summarized progress updates to the senior leadership team. Having a calm demeanor and possessing high levels of confidence when interacting directly with all levels of the organization are imperative.
* Project Planning and Management - Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
* Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
* Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
* Process Management and Continuous Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
* Team Building - promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 8 years experience leading cross functional teams consisting of business leaders, third party technology vendors and software development teams consisting of both onsite and offshore resources, with at least 4 years spent applying an Agile Methodology leading Marketing programs in the Personalized Customer Engagement space.
* Strong experience with Agile Frameworks and Deployment methodologies in a customer-facing production environment. This includes working with the QA team to help develop test strategies and ensure all appropriate sign-offs are received and conform to a highly disciplined release management strategy.
* Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills, able to work under deadlines in a changing environment, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
* Deep financial acumen, with proven experience managing large capital projects that include labor, hardware and software; experience managing vendor SOW contract deliverables to ensure they are met and defined; experience in the negotiation and establishment of new software and services contracts.
* Proven leadership skills, ability to prioritize, communicate clearly, a consistent track record of delivery, and an obsession about the customer experience.
* Ability to interact with executives, managers, subject matter experts, and product owners in matrix structure of product management team.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of the retail customer domain with the ability to establish/maintain high levels of stakeholder trust and confidence; prior experience leading customer loyalty, campaign management, and customer master data transformation efforts strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance and personal characteristics:
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence effectively without direct authority, balancing between competing priorities while remaining flexible and creative.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work up, down and across organizational levels.
* Strong business acumen, operations and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to assess current practices, identify opportunities for improvement, build consensus and drive the implementation of related changes.
* Excellent executive presence and a track record of success working closely with the C-Suite.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems or a related discipline required. Prior coursework in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), or one of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications is highly preferred.
Downtown Dallas, TX (primary)